ATWT: Who should be the new HW and new EP for the show??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought I would put this info here too. Maybe someone will listen.

If you want to have your voice heard......

To Call in your Concerns:

ATWT Comment Line

(718) 780-7675

Email your Concerns:

[email protected]

To Snail Mail in your Concerns:

Alan G. Lafley

Chairman, Proctor & Gamble

1 Proctor & Gamble Plaza

Cincinnati, OH 45202

Barbara Bloom

Senior Vice-President, Daytime Programs

CBS Television

7800 Beverly Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90036

Mr. Pat Gentile

Head of P&G Productions

Procter & Gamble Productions

World Wide Plaza

825 8th Avenue

New York, NY 10019

Richard Mensing

CBS Daytime NY

51 W 52nd St., Suite #586

New York, NY 10019

Brian T. Cahill

Televise/Procter & Gamble Productions

World Wide Plaza

825 8th Avenue

New York, NY 10019

As the World Turns

1268 East 14th Street

Brooklyn, NY 11230

• Members

What went wrong with Broderick/FMBehr's era on the show? Behr did say, somewhere, that she was used to a younger based show or something odd (which I guess AMC is traditionally) and had a hard time bringing her style to the show and making lognterm fans happy... But I think both ladies are so talented...

• Members

Allison Rice Taylor was fired before Broderick joined Behr at ATWT.

Broderick's ATWT was a vast improvement from what the show was from 94-97. I don't know how anyone can claim hacks like Black & Sterm and Jessica Klein were better than Broderick. It was during Broderick's run did ATWT finally stablize in the ratings and quality, after years ruin. Some stories might have been a bit boring, but Broderick used a lot of history in her storytelling and her ATWT was the last time the show was balanced cast-wise. Broderick also hired better script and breakdown writers, many of which would stay through Laiman and Sheffer's runs.

Broderick's ATWT was also much better than Laiman's, who replaced her when P&G switched everyone behind the scenes at AW to ATWT.

• Members

No one coul dbe worse than the people from that Playboy soap Eden who fired one of the stars for not being hunky enough... Or could they? After her era at AMC, I still can't believe, even with better writing than on there, that Passanante has a HW job. But... Soaps have always made weird decisions with writers--even in the old days (look at James Lipton's track record)

• Members

I've never understood why Goutman ultimately fired Broderick. (I think that was one of his first moves as EP) Her show was intergrated, used history and she told a solid story. (She actually understood the term "dramatic payoff...") Her plotting was iffy (Carly's multiple marriages and sliding rules for the trust come to mind) but considering where we are now, it's brilliance.

Archived