ATWT: Who should be the new HW and new EP for the show??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm... I'd be careful about this. For one thing, CG could have TOLD CZP we'd be getting back to classic ATWT. In which case she's just supplying info that was supplied to her.

For another case, in the end, CG wants what CG wants. (And make no mistake, he's been the one dictating long story ever since Hogan left) So even if there's a writing change, something needs to happen to CG before his stamp is removed from that show.

Not to be a pessimist or nuthin'. :P

• Members

What? Where?

It's not even that a lot of what's going on isn't vaguely like "classic ATWT"....it's that the set ups suck and the fallout is non-existant. I think the Hughes/Stewart war is a good, history laden plot, but not a lot else is. I think the Holden/Carly fallout has potential to be good drama (on the acting alone), but if there's anything Pissy's proven it's that she doesn't do "fallout".

Maybe CZP's charged up for Will's return? I really doubt it's anything about a writing change. I think CZP knows the audience is a little put-off by all the recent departures.

• Members

CZP probably meant that the stories will be more intergenerational, which is pretty much classic ATWT. Some characters in the same family barely interact, and that needs to be rectified pronto! I'm sure there's some plan to fix the show and I have no doubt that Goutman and Passanante will be the ones implementing this plan. But I think anyone sitting around holding out hope for the halcyon days of CHARACTER-DRIVEN stories will have a long, long wait. Those days are over with.

• Members

Well, whatever his official title was, I was hoping he was being groomed for more. I'm not really sure how a thirteen week gig qualifies as a disaster, even if he didn't fit in. JP needs some fresh perspective in long term planning. The day-to-day stuff has always been decent, which has never made any sense to me.

Archived