Which Writers Aren't Working Who Should Be?

• Members
It seems there are a lot of solid soap opera writers with HISTORY with the various shows who aren't currently working. Rather than the endless parade of "newbies" who have no real connection to the show they're working on, who do you think should be hired or re-hired to bring authenticity to Genoa City, Llanview, Salem, Port Charles, Pine Valley, etc.?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um...

NANCY CURLEE

Trent Jones

James Houghton

Claire Labine (who, despite her age has said she still wants to write for soaps)

Lorraine Broderick

Karen Lewis

Michelle Patrick

Hal Corley

Tom Casiello

Most of the former Y&R writers who weren't picked up by B&B. :lol:

I'm forgetting some, but I'll be back with more later. :)

• Members

Seriously, Nancy Curlee should be on the TOPS of everyone's lists.

Even if you're not a Guiding Light fan, you should be just as aware of her as you are of Agnes Nixon, Bill Bell, and Doug Marland.

Especially since (no disrespect intended, naturally) Nancy isn't dead or in retirement.

THIS IS THE ONLY example I can think of, where there's a writer who is still in her prime, gifted beyond all words, and STILL not employed. And the fact that it's allegedly self-imposed is even MORE infuriating.

ETA: That's off the top of my head. If I've forgotten someone who's still ready to work, it's merely due to absent-minded-ness, not disrespect.

• Members

Word brimike!

She's reportedly only 50, which isn't old at all. I dream of the day she makes her triumphant return to daytime and shows us the way a true soap opera should be written. The fact that she was responsible for GL's last golden era, when JFP and Lucy Johnson were there to impose their power says a whole lot.

I almost don't want Nancy to return though. I can't see her putting up with the current BS state of daytime television. Since she allegedly left because of network/P&G interference, I guess we've sadly seen the last of her.

I've heard she and Stephen Demorest live a rather comfortable life in Virginia though. Which reminds me, Stephen is another one who needs a job pronto!

• Members

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Toups, at the risk of being mushy, this is why I adore you.

You love who you love, and make no apologies for it. It's the same reason I have nothing but the utmost respect for JP as well. KUDOS to you!!!!!! We might all find fault, but you stick to your guns. BRAVO TO YOU!!!!

• Members

I'm going to say Tom Casiello, though there are others.

I say him because I feel we know him through his blogs. He is like us, a lover of the genre, so he knows us, the audience. He is also the (relatively) new blood so many of us have been asking for.

I cross my fingers that his primetime project is a success. If not, let's all rally to give this guy a chance in daytime.

Archived