All: In your opinion who are the most over the top actors on each soap

• Members

Are you kidding me? That's tour de force acting, courtesy of Tom "God's Gift to Guiding Light" Pelphrey! That's real angst there, the constant hair-pulling he did for nearly three years! Needless to say, I couldn't agree with you any more than I already do.

BTW, love the screen name. It's so floral lol

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC: Alicia Minshew, Cameron Mathison - It's zero to 60 with these two. She stammers. He clenches. I cringe.

OLTL: KDP - The screaming, the twang, the chewing of scenery. Everytime she says "TAWD" I can hear the angels weep. She's OLTL's Kim Zimmer. (Acting style, not attitude.)

• Members

B&B

* Ron Moss

* Alley Mills

* Jennifer Gareis

GH

* Maurice Bernard

ATWT

* Elizabeth Hubbard - Can hardly watch a scene with her. She's constantly repeating things over and over, it's like she forgets what the next line is.

GL

* Kim Zimmer

Y&R

* Michelle Stafford

DAYS

* Alison Sweeney - Sometimes she tend to get hysterical and other times it's like she's loosing her focus a bit. I just get weird vibes when she's acting that way.

* Drake Hogestyn

• Members

I agree that Over The Top can be a good thing if that's what the character calls for. I think Robin Strasser is over the top, but I FLOVE her and the over the top Dorian is the best one to watch! Some characters ARE who they are!

but as far as overkill, or too much so? I think Laura Wright, but she's doing what she can with the schlop they give her to work with. I think Kamar de los Reyes is ridiculous, he's a David Carusoe wannabe and wants to try to be the cool tough guy cop but he's just a ridiculous actor.

DEFINITELY Drake Hogestyn. He tries too hard. He's just severely untalented, and that permeates almost everything he does (sorry if that's harsh)

Carly (ATWT) can be over the top at times, especially when it pertains to Jack - but Maura is a class act and I just love her.

Michelle Stafford and Judith Chapman for sure.

• Members

As mentioned, Ronn Moss' acting on B&B is just to be expected after so many years. That's classic Ridge. I wish they'd give something else for Alley Mills to do besides be this over-the-top Pam. I think she was great when she was first around with her mom.

Archived