Who did not get a nom but deserved one?

NYC123

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe you're explaining the reasoning behind this pure popularity contest. Tammin SursoK? Vail Bloom? Bryton McClure?????? Y&R as best soap? I mean, the list goes on and on with how the nominated few are buddy-buddy with whoever puts this ish together. It's worse than the Oscars for Chrissakes.

Speaking of, did anyone watch the Oscars this year? The "Best Song" category had three tunes from "Enchantment," a Disney film. Every. single. one. of. those. songs. sucked. ass. And thank goodness none of them won. The winner was a small independent film, "Once." The young actress pool is a lot similar, with the Y&R actresses muddying up the other nominees. It's just a shame that the Emmy people didn't have the guts that the Oscars did in nominating someone no one would've expected. And everyone knows Landon will walk home with yet another award.

• Members

Yes those three young ones you mention from Y&R stick out like sore thumbs. Not that I'm touting OLTL's younger category. The only one I thought remotely worthy was Brittany Underwood. Glad Van Hansis got some recognition for his controversial role on ATWT. It can't be easy to do your job when you're being told you're going to hell every day.

I'm thinking Kathy Brier and Cat Hickland might have suffered from vote splitting, and Brian Kerwin benefitted from being somewhat well-known outside of soapdom, as in, "most of his carreer is in movies and primetime! HE MUST BE GOOD. why bother watching?" Nothing against Brian Kerwin, just thought there were better choices, even from his own show.

• Members

I will put this kindly...

For years, NBC soap fans watched as networks with more soaps block voted and left deserving actors out in the cold. When Days fans complained, some people would admit it was wrong, while the majority would inform us that our show, and network was a mere crapfest and lacked quality. Sure the storylines and production values were lacking, but NBC (especially Days) has always had some real talent. Days has consistantly had one of the most popular, and most talented cast in daytime. Still, the show and network were snubbed for close to fifteen years, and no matter how much we cried foul, it didn't matter.

We even had to deal with Fron's gloating "they got spanked...."

We got a mere four acting noms today. Not as much as many soaps got. (on CBS)

I do feel like ABC was probably blocked off. It looks that way. But I remember ABC getting a slew of nods several years in a row. It's not fair, but this process has proven time and time again just how unfair it is. I've seen it happen for years being an NBC fan.

• Members
Hogan Sheffer and his team-- some of the best writers in the business. They got royally screwed during the strike (when most of them were illegally FIRED) and again when the nominations were announced. Is it a coincidence that several DAYS actors FINALLY got nominated after years of being snubbed? Of course not; they had great material. DAYS' former writing team should've been nominated. They wuz robbed!

• Members

There are so many people who deserved nominations and didn't get one. Kathy Brier, Cat Hickland, Melody Thomas Scott, Martha Madison, Dee Hall, Kirsten Storms, Robert S. Woods, Jerry Ver Doon, Laura Wright(yes I'm biased on this one LOL), Levin Rambin, Sebastian Roche, Nancy Lee Grahn, and a few others. Maura West, Michelle Stafford, Tony Geary, Greg Rikart, Bryton, Tom Pelphrey, Jennifer Landon, and Cristian Le Blanc don't deserve anymore Emmy's IMO. And I'm a Tammin Sursok supporter, but the one note Christel Kahil deserved a nomination over her.

Archived