Who did not get a nom but deserved one?

NYC123

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These nominations are JOKES! I mean Bloom and Sursok from Y&R?! That's a crime in itself. MTS not nominated when she CARRIED Y&R last year?! Rubbish! Kathy Brier and Cat Hickland with no nom is just crazy. I would have given Kirsten Storms and the chick playing Annie on AMC a nom over those two from Y&R. I mean what did Sursok do last year that was Emmy worthy? Jackshit! The Daytime Emmy's are nothing but a popularity contest and those awards mean nothing when sucky actors (Sursok, Bloom, etc.) get nominations over actors who deserve them.

• Members

You know I realize the process is crappy and tainted and stinks. CBS took the lions share here and call me crazy but I don't feel bad. And let me explain why. Block voting is wrong yes BUT if ABC cared enough about their actors and the emmys, they would have made a push pn their end to ensure those deserving like Kristen Storms or Thorston Kaye got nominated. But rumor is that many of their actors boycotted voting because they feel the whole process is political. Now if it were me why would I punish one of my castmates who was deserving of a nom for this. Maybe this is their way of protesting Frons and Company for the crap shown on ABC daily. I will never forget Ric Hearsts beautiful indirect slam at ABC at the Emmy's last yearl It was a thing of beauty. What it tells me is that CBS cares more for their shows and the genre than ABC does and does a great job of rallying their casts to get those nominations, right or wrong. I am sure all ABC will do now is complain about how unfair the process is and blame everyone else rather than look in the mirror. While I feel for some of the actors at ABC who were actually deserving, I don't feel a thing for ABC except joy. The Best Drama and Writing by GH are a true travesty and of the few noms they got, these are the least deserving.

• Members

I was shocked and appalled at the snubs OLTL got in the acting category....

WHERE THE HELL WAS KATHY BRIER?

Or anyone from the Paris Tx. storyline. I know Erwin was nominated, but it's a disappointment to see KB, ES, hell even Chris Stack snubbed for a nomination. I think these three and Catherine Hickland were stand outs for the show.

• Members

So, so many people!

In the lead actor category, I think that Canary and Bergman were fantastic choices. But the other three?

I love Tony Geary, but what did he actually do last year? He had a dreadful, hammy month of heart attacks, and...I can't even think of much else. And Christian LeBlanc? Once a great actor, but he's now most often scene with bits of table leg stuck in his molars. And do not even get me started on Thaao Penglis. Seriously, just don't.

So that leaves three spots for more deserving actors. I think Robert S. Woods (INCREDIBLE tape from Asa's funeral), Michael E. Knight, and John Hensley all would have been far stronger choices.

As for lead actress, this really should have been Melody Thomas Scott's year. She should have Jeanne Cooper's place. She was one of the few actors who got great material from LML, and she rocked every bit of it. She broke my heart when she was arguing to save Victoria's baby. It also would have been lovely to see Bobbie Eakes get a nod...

In supporting actor, neither of the actors who I found most interesting got nods. Ted Shackelford earned one in my mind, and although he didn't have much material last year, I also would have liked to see Rick Hearst be recognized. He's one of the very few actors in daytime who I think puts out emmy-worthy work even when he has very limited story.

As for supporting actress, the actress I thought was most deserving didn't even get a pre-nom: Jane Elliott. Once she was out of the race, though, I was definitely hoping for Catherine Hickland, and though I've never cared for her acting style, Kathy Brier more than earned herself a place on the list. Marcy Rylan, though she had less of an "emmy bait" story than the others absolutely lit up the screen last year.

Oh, and Martha Madison. NBC fans might hate me for saying this, but I thought she was the only one from the show that earned a nod last year. I had already expected her not to make the list, since NBC has always had such a struggle with the emmy's, but I had never expected a castmate of hers with almost no screen time or story to be chosen, while MM went unrecognized. Judi Evans is lovely, but this should have been Madison's year.

As for younger actress, I was really only rooting strongly for Kirsten Storms, but after seeing the list, I can say honestly that almost every single pre-nom deserved a nod more than several of the ladies selected. Dennison, Van Zandt, and Underwood spring most readily to mind, but even Berman, Rambin, Alderson, Stause, Egan, and Chando would have been infinitely superior in my mind to have the noms in this category. My jaw dropped open when I heard this list read.

I actually think most of the noms in younger actor were good choices, but I probably would have given McClure's spot to Josh Duhon. BM is talented, but had nothing to do last year. JD had a lot more to submit.

Archived