Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh, how nice of them - I'll bet receiving your request made their day!

That was a nice photo of Patrick (and the photos of Liz, too). I'm a little behind on my viewing of The Doctors and have not wanted to look at that thread until I catch up -- so thanks for the link where I could see the picture.

Edited by safe

• Members

Flipping channels today and caught a glimpse of Leslie Easterbrooke (Devlin Kowalski) and Joan Fontaine (Paige Williams) on The Love Boat.

The November 7, 1981 episode is on Daily Motion

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1pqxjw_the-love-boat-season-5-episode-6-full-s05e06_tv

Leslie was also in a December 1983 episode.

Edited by safe

• Members

James Sloyan (Mitch) was in the October 13, 1984 episode of The Love Boat

UntitJS%20TLB_zpseusmlwat.jpg

James had another appearance February 8, 1986 (an Egyptian cruise). Grant Show (Rick) also appeared in that episode. They fought over Valerie Harper (she chose Grant)

It was a two parter.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1r885j_the-love-boat-season-9-episode-14-full-part-1-of-2_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1rn801_the-love-boat-season-9-episode-15-full-part-2-of-2_shortfilms

Edited by safe

• Members

Referring to people by first and last name was certainly something Ryan's Hope characters did all the time.

And Kate called Nancy Addison “Nanny” ... I wonder if that is what everyone called her.

Edited by safe

• Members

How great is that? I would love to read a biography of Nancy, especially one written by her husband (who, working in the news industry, would have the best help at his disposal to make it happen). I look forward to its release.

Back to Kate, I wish she had touched more on her time at RH (but that's just the soap fan in me) - but how she told how Claire Labine kept her on the show after divulging her unwed pregnancy and even writing it into Mary's story was great. Knowing how much agony she was going through by putting the baby up for adoption and still putting her heart and soul into Mary's excitement about bringing baby Ryan home...I don't know how she did it. Incredible.

Being from Cleveland, I know she's been featured over the past decade and a half or so on the local news and at charity functions having to do with her work in Alzheimer's research, because that's what her mother had. But she (or more likely, whoever was in charge of proofreading the manuscript) made a big spelling error by calling the county Cleveland is located in CAYAHOGA County...it's CUYAHOGA.

Other than that, it was very interesting learning about her childhood in Iowa - and heartbreaking what happened to her sister. I also never knew that Kate had once been raped - how awful. But I believe all that has made her into an extremely strong woman. I wish her nothing but the best from here on in.