Harry Potter

BadZoe

• Members

I think this movie deserves its own topic. My friends and I saw it yesterday and really liked it. Sure there were things that were left out but if Harry Potter was ever brought to life with every detail it would have to be a tv show with each hour long episode covering 1-2 chapters of the books.

Unlike with the first movie, which left out the much needed sorting hat explaining the houses and their characteristics, I wasn't pissed off over what was left out. I was pleased to find that this movie focused mostly on the tournament. The only real complaints among the group I saw it with was that Dumbledore doesn't have the powerful screen presence he should have. He certainly doesn't come off as someone Voldemort would be scared of. The other complaint was the glossing over of Hermoine's contributions to Harry's success. She really is the brains behind the group but she almost seemed to be filler. Otherwise, very enjoyable! And how ugly was Voldemort!

Part of the same topic but on to the Next Movie. We were discussing who should play characters in the Order of the Phoenix, especially Deloris Umbridge. Many thought that Judi Dench would be great but I've now decided that Susan Flannery would be the perfect Deloris. She plays evil so well!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In book one they introduce the wand maker and Harry is really drawn to a certain wand. The wand maker then replys that it is an interesting choice. I think it is the Goblet of Fire in which we find out that particular wand contains a Phoenix feather/power source and only two wands were made from that Phoenix's feathers, Harry's and Lord Voldemorts. When their two pair wands connect it prevents Lord Voldemort from completing his curse. It is also speculated by Dumbledore that when Voldemort put the killing curse on Baby Harry and it backfired, Voldemorts magic esscence went into Harry. I don't think the wands connecting gave Harry any more power than he already has.

You really should read the books since you loved the movie. I usually have a hard time getting into books but when I started Harry I couldn't put them down. The books contain so many more details that would require a 15 hour movie if they used it all. I'd like to get my own set as it would be good to read the books again before the next movie is released.

• Members

GOF is my favorite of the 6 novels so far... so I was really looking forward to the movie....

There were definitely a lot of things left out, but overall, I was satisfied. I think it built on Azkaban and Cuaron's darker turn for the series, while adding new elements to the movies. I felt though that the supporting characters had 1 line each...

Plus I was expecting the battle between Harry and Voldermort to be a lot scarier... I was tearing up when I first read that part of the book :lol:

Anyway, it was still an amazing movie... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I like the Harry Potter movies. I really don't know why....because the books are like REALLLLLLY LOOOOOOOOOONG and become boring after awhile but I enjoy the movies. They always have pretty good special effects and I like the rivalry between Harry and Lord Voldemort. I can't wait to see this latest Harry Potter flik.

Archived