Jason Cook joins GH!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, they were two of the reasons why I started watching Days. I started when they had the "Saved by the Bell" years. Everything else was great so I ended up being hooked. So, that's mainly why I am fond of the actors and their characters. Make some sense now?

• Members

that's dabable seen as how most people hated MM/BB as belle/shawn recast. they wanted JC/KS back on DOOL immediately. but that never happened. when the word got out that KS was going to GH. her fans followed her expecting she would fail as maxie. they were wrong. same thing with JC. his character on DOOL was the rebel without a cause. and since GH prives on creating badboy characters. and mobsters. with in your face chicks. this will be whole different aspect to JC in his acting career. way different then shawn brady. the chemistry with KS might still be their. it might not. all I'm saying is that it's alittle to early to judge.

• Members

No words ... just no words ..

Good Cookin'

DAYS alum Jason Cook (ex-Shawn) is heading to GH where he will be re-teamed with Kirsten Storms (Maxie) who played his love interest Belle on DAYS. He'll reportedly check in as a doctor in June. He will also cross paths with Maurice Benard (Sonny) and Sarah Brown (Claudia). Cook played Shawn Brady from 1999-2006. Interestingly, the recast versions of Shawn and Belle were just written off DAYS. Check Soap Opera Digest for more details.

SOD

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

• Members

Please God YES! The most overrated younger male actor in GH history. I can't believe they compared him to Tony Geary. Ugh!

Kirsten Storms a chemistry magnet? I disagree. I think she has become a well seasoned comedianne and she has greatly increased her talent in the comedic feild but I do not think she has become a strong romantic actress. Let alone a leading one. However GH is lacking a younger romantic leading heroine and has for a while now. They killed of Georgie which basically killed of the heart of the teen set, no other actress since has had the ability to become a strong ingenue. Both Maxie and Lulu lack the sincerity and gile to make their characters rootable in a romantic setting and neither one of them are really "bad" so a Greenlee/Leo pairing doesn't work either. They're both victims and victimizers and they wind up losing out on rootablity and the interest factor.

That's very true. Martha was much more mature and nuanced as a actress she was able to transform Belle into a woman, where as Brandon wasn't too much of a change but he worked off of Martha better then Cook. He was able to create a chemistry with her however I don't feel that Beemer was all that strong of an actor he did fit Martha better. He was a better "Shawn" to her "Belle".

I agree. I rooted for them when I first saw them in 2003. They were one of my favorite pairings.

The teen girl demographic is perhaps one the most viable demographic in the entire market. Girls between 12-17 are the best market group. They will buy everything (good for affiliates and good for marketing) and are very loyal to thier favorite characters. They will tune in every day just to catch a glimpse of their favorite characters and pairings and they will vote, call in, organize and dedicate websites and fan groups as well as write in and campaign for what they like. They are a VERY involved group and one that invests in the show in multiple ways be it message boards, or what have you. I would think that would be the market EVERYONE should be vying for. Hannah Montana is a huge cable television show. I think it draws in over 2-3 million viewers which is about equal to a show on the CW or the soaps. So don't thumb the nose at the teen girls. They are the ones that will probably be sticking around and be investing in the show for the next years of soapdom.

I think they were the last couple to be called a "super couple" in the 90's on Days. I think it's believable. They did have a huge super fan following and I think they even bumped ratings up a few times.

• Members

I disagree here. (Now, i do respect ur openion and stance on this but im offering mine. I type this now because apperantly people, and no i dont mean Skin who i :wub:, dont understand that when i or anyone for that matter types up a responce disagreeing with others that we are trying to call them out or say they are wrong...)She is a chem magnet, IMHO, because who on this show does she lack chem with? Shes got it with BB, MW, JD, BA, SB, KMC, JT, GV, JJK... hell, she even pulls out chem with MB & JMB who phone in every single line they read. I also think she has become a powerful emotional actress - when shes given it. Those scenes where Lucky tells Maxie, where Maxie sees Georgie dead, The funeral, The breakdown at kellys, when she crys in spinelli's arms in coopers room. And yes, those are all very recent and from the same storyline - but she recently became great and its the only times since shes advanced as an actress to be given high drama. She does also excel at comedy, and that just adds to it. It is a rare thing to have an actress who can flip from comedy to drama to anger like she can.

I di agree about the younger set tho. Georgie, the heart, is gone. Maxie & Lulu have become the same char, in a way. And as for the males... well johnny is sonny v17.6 and logan is abusive. that only leaves you with spinelli to root for - and as much as i wub him, he should not be the most rootable young male on a soap opera.

• Members

Yep, Shelle was the last supercouple on Days. For all the scorn I see here for Jason Cook, he and Kirsten had major chemistry. Shelle was huge for Days in the demos. Jason Cook may not be able to act, but GH is right to see if he and Kirsten can recapture the magic of their previous pairing. If they can become popular as a couple again, the mob may finally have a rival to airtime so I'm totally on board.

Archived