Jason Cook joins GH!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it could work, Zendall. For me, Jason and Kirsten don't have to be paired opposite each other in GH, but if they did I think the SHELLE fanbase would follow. I'm just as much a Jason fan as I am a Kirsten fan, but now that both are in GH it gives me more reason to watch GH. I don't want to watch a full soap from scratch just for one person. At least I have 2 now. Plus, if they do hook these two up, I'd be foolish to pass it up as a classic Shelle fan. ;)

• Members

In my opinon there is a difference to excelling at something and making something viable. I think Kirsten Storms is extremely believably and affective in her scenes. However I would not say that her chemistry with her co-stars is off the rictor scale if you know what I mean. I find her to be a believable in her scenes with people, but I do not see any thing that sparks me as truly incrediable connections or super coupledom if you know what I mean. I think that Georgie and Dillion and Georgie and Spenilli were two dynamic couples that could have WORKED and could have done bigger things if they were interested. Maxie/Logan, Maxie/Spenilli, Maxie/Coop, a big no.

I disagree. I actually think she is more effective when she is stand offish and doesn't have much lines especially in dramatic sequences. The over the top acting seen in Coop and Georgie's death was not effective at least for me. I think her whimpers and subtlties are much more dynamic then her warbles and screams. I think her one line where she brokenly tells Mac "I want to see my sister" did more for her then any of the flaying arms and warbles did for her. In terms of dramatic acting I would rate her as a 4 maybe a 5 on a scale of 10. In comedy I would be more willing to give her a 6 or a 7. Bergman is much more effective as a dramatic actress especially when she tries. But both seem just as uncomfortable and clumsy when thrusted into romantic storylines. They both have a hard time finding thier footing. I would give the edge to Bergman as she seems to be able to look modest, insecure and humble in her scenes and is able to emote a little bit more. She is able to play "wounded" more effectively then Storms who just seems to downplay Maxie's flaws and gloss over them instead of playing them to her advantage which would give her more sympathy. In a dramatic scene her flaws would make her seem more sympathetic, human and rich. But Storms doesn't seem to be able to emote that sadness onto screen. Bergman does.

However if we factor comedy into the show Storms' character becomes much more enjoyable as she provides release to this awful show.

• Members

Berman is a much ebtter emotional actress - when she tries... and the last time she tried was... in.. umm... early 07? maybe. However, and i have no problem saying thio - it is emaningless since she phones it all i n now., even when she does decide to act now in a random scene i can tellt he diff, but its m,eaningless because she doesnt do it most of the time.

However, i so understand what you are saying re KS performances,I just look at it in a diff way than you do, i think. Looking back at everything i actually think she was better than i did whenw acthing. its the colectiosn of the performances of the diff emotionas that makes her a much more powerful actress, IMHO. she has the soft subtle stuff and the big hard over the top drama stuff. and the bitter angry stuff - and sometiems all in an episode - or even in a scene.

I justy wish Berman would either start to act again or get fired. i have zero tollerance for phoning ins cenes - esp when its over 90% of them. but i do give her some slack because i do think she has no direction at all.

• Members

When Kirsten first came on GH I wasn't all that impressed with her. But something happened and I started really coming to appreciate her as an actress. She actually made me sympathize with Maxie(a character I hated but now am liking).

That is the mark of a good actress IMO

• Members

I think she is fine and believable in the role. I even think at times she is really funny. However if the writers wanted Maxie to be more sympathetic and rootable they should have kept Richerds who was much more effective as the misguided good girl that they were trying to make Maxie originally. Storms portrays the bitchiness to the "t" however she isn't able to do the deeper dramatic stuff that she needs to pull of to make the character more viable and nuanced. I believe Richerds did have that ability. However I don't think I would buy Richerds as a wannabe fashion mogul or her befriending Sam or Kate. She had a much more toned down feel to her while Storms does fit in all of the roles that she is put in which is a very difficult feat for any actress. But Maxie works as a fashion protege, a private investigator and even a production assistant on a television show that's something that Storm has that I don't believe Richerds could do.

Archived