Jason Cook joins GH!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think it's a bad move. Who knows what will happen. Jason and Kirsten had a huge fan base that will follow them over at GH. It sure beats watching another mob storyline! Or another Lulu storyline! It's not like it's going to bring GH's ratings down they got the mob wars for that.

• Members

Really? REALLY?!

Okay, I swear, I'm not putting anyone down. God knows I've liked a LOT of characters others hated. (I even came around to Jeremy Horton about two seconds before he was fired, so that tells you how "strong" my tastes are.) But really? Jason and Kirsten had, like, show-following fandom? I mean - Stephen and Mary Beth, I get. Lane and Nancy - I get. But Jason and Kirsten? Really?

They always struck me as a pair that Corday WANTED DESPERATELY for us to treat in that fashion. But they actually made it? They actually crossed that finish line?

I'm stunned.

And Ryan, I guess you're forgiven. You're so on probation though. "that guy who played Cameron" I'll kick your ass. Next I know, you'll be saying "that chick who played Lucy Coe" And then you're dead to me.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Apr 23 2008, 10:49 PM)
I thought he was the perfect Shawn. Not the best actor, but he fit the role and had great chemistry with his parents. I never liked Brandon Beemer in the role. Glad he's back on soaps!

Oh, I liked him. I liked him just fine. But I'd never follow him to another show. He made a decent Shawn, but that's about it.

About the same way I liked Brandon. Shawn-D is a thankless role, but if you can pull it off with some integrity (which JC and BB both did), without seeming like you don't give a rat's ass, then you've done your job.

Still, I reiterate - Jason Cook is playing A DOCTOR?! Jason. Cook. Went to college for 8 years and did a three year intership. At a hospital.

Wow. I know all about suspension of disbelief, but still...

• Members

I think what hurt ALL versions of this pairing is that as soon as they were together, there was something or someone pulling them apart. Jan, Colin Murphy shooting, Mya, Jan again, Philip, Mimi and the list could go on. Corday wanted to be a couple destined to be together, but he was constantly having torn apart, it gets to the point it is hard to cheer for them.

But I did sort of chuckle at a thought. I bet Corday is crying about this because you know deep down he was hoping to get the original verison of Shelle back and you know if could have done it he would of. Now if only Martha and Brandon get picked up by another soap, Corday will have to complete recast the couple AGAIN and that would probably kill whatever fanbase they had.

Archived