Beverly Hills, 90210 Discussion Thread

• Members

Andrea/GC looked fine early on, but by the college years she looked significantly older than everyone else.  The Steve/Kelly romance pre-show felt so off.  JG/IZ had no romantic chemistry and I have a hard time picturing them ever together.  Steve worked fine with love interests brought in for him like Claire and Janet, but he didn't really have chemistry with any of the main cast romantically.  The only person I could potentially see him with is Donna for comic relief.

Ugh...Alison and Jake.  I don't even want to talk about how much they built that couple up only to randomly break them up in the end.  I pretend Alison is sober and now living her best life with Billy in Atlanta.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I actually felt like Gabrielle looked fine in season 5. I loved that they finally integrated her into the girls group and she fit right in with Kelly and Donna. I don't think she looked or felt old and she handled the soapier drama well. Of course I think they dumped her due to her age, but I think it was more being ageist as opposed to it really being a thing.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I’ve become a regular listener of Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling’s 9021OMG Podcast and they are something else. I will give them props because they’re very honest, but I can see why they had the issues they did because they can still be very bitchy towards certain cast members. It’s more Jennie than Tori. When the podcast started Jennie just hated everything, but you can tell she softening and beginning to appreciate the show more. Tori loves everything and seems very thankful and proud of her time on the show.

One ongoing thing that bothers me is how they talk about Andrea. Jennie always hates when Andrea has a story, she hated the Brandon/Andrea thing and thought it was so boring. Now they’re doing season 4 and the first thing she brings up is how old Andrea looks and how boring she thinks her story is going to be. There is a third cohost who is a fan and she defends Andrea thankfully, but it is just so odd to me. I had to mention it. Gabrielle has been on the podcast too so it’s weird they talk about her the way they do. 

• Members

When they did the Donna Martin Graduates episode she was disgusted and bored by the Brandon/Andrea stuff. The fan co-host was raving about it, but Jennie keeps suggesting that because Gabrielle is so old that she doesn't quite fit in. Lots of jokes about how she should've went to Yale, but if she did she'd be off the show. Season 4 is a big season for Andrea and they finally integrate her in with the girls so I'm curious how they'll continue to react to her stories. It's pretty odd. 

Jennie also thought Brenda's last episodes were in Minnesota and they had to remind her that she does in fact appear in the entire season lol. I'm curious what her thoughts will be there since that was obviously when tensions were high with Shannen. I will say they've acknowledged that there were issues, but they're not mean when it comes to Shannen. They also did an episode where they talked about Vanessa Marcil saying the set was full of mean girls (which I now believe) and they've briefly mentioned the issues with Tiffani Thiessen which I'm sure will come up more when they reach season 5. It's funny that Shannen got the bad rap, but Jennie in particular has an issue with so many people that it's making me question who really was the problem there.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Wow, this is everything I wanted in a 90210 relaunch. I love the characterisation for Brandon, like he lives in his own white bread world that he thinks everyone admires, but they feel sad for him. 

Steve and Janet as the real/steady relationship is perfect. Lindsay Price and Ian both excel at comedy. They can be the Dunphys ala Modern Family. Always in trouble because of miscommunications as they keep up with their careers and growing brood. 

I guess the only thing missing is romance. Are Valerie and David the “will they, won’t they” couple? Does Donna rotate through men to keep the cast and storylines fresh (alas season 5-6 of the mothership)?

• Members

In my imagination - Val would be the Abby to David's Gary. She'd whip him into shape. Would her shaping him into something respectable make him stay with Val for the long haul or make him go back to comfortable Donna? 

And yes, Donna would have a steady supply of men wanting her. To keep the tradition!

You'd have to watch and see.

As for Kelly / Brandon and Steve / Janet - I feel like their stories would contrast; on one side you'd have the outside "perfect" story of Kelly / Brandon and then Steve / Janet who'd be publically the mess. 

Edited by te.