Y&R: May Sweeps

• Members

I got this from Meghan from Toni site.

Nikki/Victor: A new marriage is not far off for both of them but who will make it to the alter first? Both relationships have their inherent complications, plus we know that Nikki and Victor's history is never easily forgotten.

Victoria/Victor/Sabrina/Adam: Victor seems ready to abandon his first family and start a new Newman dynasty. Adam's ex-lover arrives with an agenda that could reveal David's secrets.

Sharon/Jack/Phyllis/Nick: Jack and Nick find themselves in the middle of Sharon and Phyllis' conflict

Lily/Cane: Lily throws herself into her work after suffering an emotional loss and her relationship with Cane will be tested.

Jeff/Gloria: The battling couple fight their feelings for one another just as new barriers appear; Jeff is drawn to Jill

My opinion I hope Cane hurt her like all the rest of this guys she been with. He doesn't need a child by somebody he's babying already.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm

Well I guess that answers Lily's little dilemma doesn't it.

Sort of a ho hum sweeps. Although the prospect of Jill actually getting to do something is VERY appealing although I think Jeff is hardly the best character to pair her with (how about Paul, Victor, hell even Brad)

• Members

I'd much rather Lily actually make a decision about this baby than suffering a loss and thus playing victim yet AGAIN. This can only mean more WHINING!!! How much more of this can we take? People have been saying CK can't carry more than a couple of facial expressions? Try no vocal range either. If she's sick, if she's angry, if she's confused, if she's worried, if she's happy, if she's tired, IT'S ALL THE SAME WHINY VOICE!

<sigh>

I'm kind of afraid of Adam at this point. He's seriously upped the creep factor to an uncomfortable level and I don't know if I can enjoy it. But it's hella better than all of 2007. And if the writers are smart, they'll continue to tell us of a rich history and facets of Adam that will continue to surprise an nauseate me.

What? No Felicia???

And what of K's book? Are the writers scrambling to get Y&Rs history correct? That story has a lot of potential and may be able to link the show to the great show it once was.

• Members

The new writers aren't getting history correct. Victor the other day was telling someone that Victoria's first marriage before JT wasn't very happy either. As if Brad was her first husband. Not that her marriages to Ryan and Cole were a barrel of roses, but I don't think he was referring to Ryan. Maybe the new writers think those marriages involved a different character, one played by Heather Tom. Whatever it is, what is the point investing in a soap for decades if the writers will re-write that history in an effort to appeal to new viewers who don't care about the past.

Sounds like Lilly is going to have a miscarriage. Thank goodness, that whiny brat would be an awful mother.

• Members

I have a feeling while Adam's ex-lover comes to dethrone David out of Nikki's life, the ex- and Adam could be plotting an even bigger scheme... Victor's already turned moved past Nikki, no longer interested in Nick, and ready to side with Adam on things that he'd normally let Victoria handle...no telling what Adam has up his sleeve

As for Lily it was a bona fide given she wasn't going to keep the baby....Lily isn't even a mature individual herself, how can she care for a baby...and I don't see her and Cane as the endgame anyways...I have a feeling that at some point Amber is gonna muff up her relationship with Daniel, Cane will muff up with Lily, and they will be once again pushing a Lily/Daniel reunion.... Like I said, can you honestly see Jill cooing and cawing over Lily's brat? Hell naw...

• Members

So, I think these are great. I think the Victor/Nikki stories are "laying pipe"...setting the groundwork for long-term complications...that is good.

I know Adam fantasized about kissing Phyllis, but that phrasing--"ex-lover"--I can't shake the feeling that our boy's New York ex is a man. I'd be very intrigued if they made Victor Jr. gay or bi. I'd like to see how Victor deals with that.

I think it is interesting that it is implied that even Victoria will abandon Victor. How "King Lear". Moreover, we've never really seen that before, except for Heather Tom's exit storyline. It will be interesting to see these two at conflict. It could even be Amelia's chance to shine.

I have had a hard time watching Sharon and Phyllis in scenes together. WHY don't they LOATHE each other? Presto...it sounds like the universe is about to get back in balance if these two are, as they should be, in conflict.

Jill in a front-burner story! Bravo!

I'll be sad if Lily loses the baby. I have found these last few days as emotionally affecting as anything on Y&R in a very long time.

• Members

The show is lethally dull now, but I'm hoping that once they amp up the stakes in the Newman stories, the show will become watchable again. I hate to use a cliche, but for me, watching the show lately is like watching paint dry. It would be interesting if Adam's ex turned out to be a man, but I could swear that I read a spoiler specifying that his "ex-girlfriend" comes to town. Glad they're adding some conflict to Sharon/Phyllis; their "friendship" is too unreal to be believed. Still no real story for Christian LeBlanc! Wonder how long they'll keep him on the back burner. During Latham's time, he seemed to be on every day and actively involved in every storyline. I wonder if Tracey Bregman's recurrent status that allows her to work when she wants is affecting the writers' ability to make Michael front burner.

Archived