Y&R: May Sweeps

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you serious?! :o

Tammin, Christel, Emily and Adrienne can act, whereas Davetta couldn't act her way out of a wet paper bag! Just look at this clip. Her facial expression never changes - even when she's crying. And listen when she says "Are you seeing someone else?". She says it like it's no big deal! Awful actress. They were right to bring Christel back.

• Members

You jest, eh?

Now that the writing is again supporting her, Christel Khalil is again wowing with her premiere status as the show's TOP (only) young ingenue. This is the kind of heroine all soaps critically need as their center...and I have been delighted to seeing the maturing, gentle Kristel in that role. I say this without a trace of irony or tongue in cheek. I always liked her, and her expressivity.

I think many of the critiques levelled against her are cultural or subcultural. I can see that, I guess...but I don't think it is germane to her basic skills as a performer, or her character. She is now the most important under-30 woman on the show, and she is carrying this nicely.

Archived