Nice and Rude Soap Stars

• Members

I posted about my experiences with meeting OLTL stars, but I completely forgot about this one!!!

In the mid 80's, when I was young and liked to party, I used to have my Saturday night ritual of going out t the bar and dancing. I live in Edmonton Canada. Well, one night, at a bar here in Edmonton, I was sitting down at my table cooling off after a few dances, and who do I spot? Marcy Walker! Now, at first, I thought my mind was playing tricks one me! Marcy Walker? In Edmonton? It couldn't be! I caught her eye, and she smiled at me. I quickly looked away. We kept exchanging glances, and she smiled every time. Maybe it was the unsure look in my eye that caused her to finally get up and come over to my table. She laughed and asked me, "Do you know me from somewhere?" LOL! A very witty play on that old bar pick up line!!!

Anyway, she told me why she was in Edmonton ( the wedding of a friend!) and chatted with me while her friends and my friends were all on the dance floor. We talked for 10 minutes, and she was just very sweet and down to earth! She said she loved Canada! I have never seen another Soap Star in our proud city since that!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know people will find it shocking, but I had the chance to meet and chat with Megan McTavish, and she could have not been nicer.

Alexa Havins is one of the most genunine, nice people out there, would give a fan the clothes off of her back if they needed them. I've loved getting to know her.

Cast wise, I've meet most everyone on OLTL and AMC, and OLTL just has about the nicest cast ever. They've got a couple I don't need to be in a room with ever again, but on a whole, just a really nice group of actors on OLTL.

• Members

I have an extensive autograph collection from All My Children. I always wrote personal letters to each star. There have been a few who replied and were just so awesome:

Alexa Havins (ex-Babe): Every note she has written me has been so personable. She remembers the last letters I sent her. I truly miss her on AMC. I feel like she had the potential to be a lifer. She reminds me a lot of a young Kate Collins.

Leven Rambin (Lily/ex-Ava): She was just as personable in her notes, and just came off as really humble. She even responded to a few of my posts on her message board. I really loved that she loved her fans. That being said, I am saddened by the current turn of events that we have been reading in the press. I hope she does not get caught up in all the fame.

James Mitchell (Palmer): He handwrote such a sweet note to me. I sent him a picture of Nina and Palmer playing croquet and he got a kick out of it.

• Members

I met Jennifer Landon and Jesse Soffer (ex-Gwen and Will from ATWT) in 2006. Both were soo nice and it was like you knew them. Jen is such a sweety and you feel like you have known her already. I didn't talk to Jesse long but he was nice and really brought on conversation wtih you. I had talked to Jen longer than I did Jesse because I met her beofre the Luncheon started.

• Members

I know i have heard a rumor somewhere, not sure if it is true, but wasn`t there something about Peggy McCay (Caroline Brady, Days) being very hard to work with, a diva or something like that, not know if it true, anyone knows?.....

• Members

i have never heard anything one way or the other about her.

i have met her three times. at the hollywood premier of maggies murder, at the studio, and at the emmys last year. all three times she was super nice and talked to me for a few minutes. thats all i know about her.

• Members

Forbes March is a really great guy.

As strange as it may seem, I met Alice Reid when I was just a kid in Wichita Falls, Texas, of all places. She has some connection to Vernon, Texas. I met her just out on the street in downtown. My mother was a big big DOOL fan and stopped her.

She was very gracious and a very nice person at the time and did not seem the least bit put out of inconvenienced being stopped on the street -- just a very sweet down-to-earth woman.

Archived