Nice and Rude Soap Stars

• Members

I was fortunate to meet a few members of the cast of Port Charles at the last SSW they did in Florida before the show was cancelled. All of the ones I met were very sweet. I was there specifically to see Brian Gaskill (Rafe), but was also able to shake hands and speak with Brian and Erin Presley, Kiko Ellsworth and Kelly Monaco. I know Thorston was there that day but I don't remember him being there when I saw this group of folks.

I attended to the Y&R luncheon last year and also met a few of their stars....all were wonderfully kind and generous to the fans in attendance. Peter Bergman, Joshua Morrow, Judith Chapman, Eyal Podell.....among others were so sweet and a few even stayed later than they were scheduled to to make sure everyone that wanted an autograph got one. (Michael Graziadei)

The only RUDE soap star I've seen was Vanessa Marcil. That was also at SSW and as I was about to get in line to meet her I stopped to watch her for a second....as folks would approach her she would smile and gush and be all sweet...and then when they walked away she would turn to her 'handler' or whoever the person was next to her and roll her eyes and make faces. She did it with everyone I saw that went through the line. Needless to say I changed my mind about going through to meet her.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I'm spoiled as I have only had positive experiences.

To name a few

Days

*Allison Sweeney- My brother was appointed her bodyguard at a fan event in which she was promoting her book., but I could not attend. Well my brother told her that his entire family were avid Days watchers and after the event was over she actually called me to thank me for my years of viewing.....although I'm sure my brother persuaded her to do that!

*Austin Peck- The best! He is so funny, "real" and seems like a cool guy. When my sister and I asked him for a picture, instead of just posing he grabbed us constructed an awesome pose! Goes above and beyond being nice to fans.

*Deidra Hall- Pure Class!

Passions

*Mckenzie Westmore and Galen Gering- My two best friends and I met the two and they could not have been nicer. My best friend, even asked Galen, "Can I please sit on your lap?" to which, he patted his knee. (I'm still bitter that she got to!). The camera does not do Mckenzie justice at all, she's gorgeous and adorable.

*James Hyde-Took the time to hear what the fans had to say. I had previously met him when he was on AW, and when I met him a couple years later while on Passions he remembered us as "the sisters from Jersey!"

All My Children

*I tripped at the gym and Cameron Mathison came over to me and asked if I was ok. I see him every once in a while, and he's always very friendly.

• Members

I've met from GH at a charity event back in the 80's. The standout for pure genteel niceness was Anna Lee but not one was less than friendly and nice.

Jeanne Cooper from Y&R was a DOLL at another event...a real person. She even offered help to my sister who was running for our State Legislature (she's very into getting more women into politics). She showed up in spite of a snowstorm and apologized for being late due to the weather. She took the time to meet and greet every single person there, warmly and SHE approached us. She acted as if we were long lost and much missed family and that seeing us again made her day. I've never met a nicer celebrity before or since and I'm not really a Y&R fan....I was there for the charity.

• Members

I never met Davetta Sherwood but when we had the Daily site (Daniel & Lily). Us fans use to talk to her on the site. She use to ask us what we want for Lily separate from Daniel & for Daily. & another thing we would say we like when you do this. & she'll say I'll try to put it in for ya'll. Maybe that's why I'm so attach to her because she use to talk to us at that site. So I can just imagin if we would have met her in person how cool she'll be.

I heard from different people that Lindsay Korman I mean Hartley is rude to fans. Especially if they wanted ET instead of Theresa & Fox. & I heard this from fans of hers. I guess they excuse her attitude because they think she's beautiful.

I heard REG(Evangeline) & TSJ is cool.

• Members

I have met a whole lot of actors over the years, from daytime...thanks to living in So. Cal....

Total class acts--Sweet, Friendly, Fun and went out of their way

Mary Beth Evans

Stephen Nichols

Frank Parker

Missy Reeves

Scott Reeves

Wally Kurth

Richard Biggs

Matthew Ashford

Drake Hogestyn

Peggy Mckay

Thorsten Kaye

Judi Evans

Patsy Pease

Camilla Scott (the last actress to play Melissa on Days)

Nancy Grahn

Lane Davies

J. Eddie Peck

Great impression, but I met them very briefly

Austin Peck

Bryan Dattilo

Martha Madison

Shelley Hennig

Kinda standoffish/reserved with fans

Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell (...but I love their characters!*Just have to make

a note...I met them at autograph signings only, and I can see how those

could be tough to get through...They were both super nice to my friend, who they knew

a long time [my friend goes to the set often] )

Farah Fath

Rachel Melvin...no eye contact, not very warm (but she wasn't feeling too well that day)

Finola Hughes...autograph signing....Let me just say that this is not the best type of event to go to, lol.

She saw a crowd of fans waiting for her autograph and she was busy talking to some actor friends,

then some press, then had to get water, then had to talk to her "guard" and glared at us....It was getting hot just because of the crowd,

and we waited a long time to get to the front of the line. Then she barely paid attention to what anyone said, and went through the line quickly... like ...."next".

We did notice she was nice to a few fans that she knew though...who cut through the line to greet her at the front.

Mixed review:

Kimberlin Brown -- didn't like her at an awards show I went to...then she was

quite nice at another event.

Alison Sweeney...she was nice to me (I was with someone she knew) but oblivious to how rudely her "guard" was treating other fans...

this was in 2001, the only time i met her;) )

Worst Impression ever:

Nicolas Coster...yyyuck.

• Members

Actually Mo I was fortunate enough to meet REG a few weeks ago. A group of fans met in NYC to see RENT. She knew we were coming to see her and invited us out for drinks after the show. She also invited Jay Wilkerson (ex-Riley, OLTL) to come with us - he played Roger opposite her Mimi that night - but he declined. (I'm guessing that had something to do with his wife's advanced pregnancy.) She was clearly exhausted after the show but she spent a good hour or two with us, talking trash and posing for pics. She was just so...real. No ego. No drama.

• Members

You know, I don't watch AMC or anything...not a Zendall fan...But I have to back you up about Thorsten :D

I briefly watched him in his first soap run...as Patrick. Years after that he was at an event and I said hi Thorsten as he was walking by, through a big

crowd of people. I really just wanted him to turn around so I could take a picture for my friend, who loved him but couldn't make it to the event. So

he turns around, walks to me, gives me a huge hug and poses for a picture with me. Ohhh. B) He was a sweetheart and a half, and he'd never seen me

before. My friend was so jealous lol!

• Members

I remember years ago that there was a blind item in one of the mags that said that the girlfriends of one AMC star and one OLTL star were very rude at a contest that the mag had ran. The GFs were also soap stars. They then went on to name the two males, Mark Conselous and Nathan Fillion. It was really easy to figure out that they were talking about Kelly Ripa and Vanessa Marcil since it was right before Mark and Kelly got married and Nathan and Vanessa were pretty open about the fact that they dated.

I met Linda Dano and God I can't remember his name but he was Cass Wintrop on AW. They were so sweet and kind.

• Members

I work at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, and I have recently been having daily chats with Charles Keating (ex-Carl, AW; ex-James, PC) and he is absolutely amazing. Not only have we been speaking of theater, but he has been giving me advice about life. Truly one of the great resources out there that just isn't been tapped.

• Members

I have pretty much met all the actors from OLTL and haven't really had a bad encounter with any of them. There are a few I won't go out of my way to met again and the last actor I met was Brian Kerwin. He was such a sweetheart and my buddy and I had some long conversations with him. I've met Jerry verDorn on numerous occasions and he's always been a sweetheart. He will talk with us for a long time and I've met Erika on numerous occasions and she's always been very down to heart and gracious with us.

• Members

Ripley Todd, I so agree about Erika and Jerry ver Dorn. Erika is always so gracious and friendly. Jerry is warm and appreciative of the fans.

I have not had good encounters with Fiona Hutchison. I've met her outside both the OLTL and GL studios and she is not friendly. Downright rude, actually.

Archived