Nice and Rude Soap Stars

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've only met two soap stars.

Drake Hogestyn, who was really nice. Very unlike John Black. Very loose and humorous, went out of is way for the fans and kissed every lady on the cheek. Very sweet.

Sean Kanan was the other, and he was a total ass. I've never felt so ignored in all my life, LoL. I was standing in this autograph line, not because I was really a big fan, but simply because he was a soap star and the soap fan boy in me couldn't resist. Anyway, he didn't even look up at me. Didn't say "hello," didn't say "goodbye." There was no greeting or acknowledgement at all. He just kept his head down, signed the picture and slid it across the table. Total dick.

• Members

Besides working as a high school counselor full time, I do some parttime(well as much as I do it it is almost full time anymore) work that puts me in contact with A LOT of the various soap stars (old and current, contract/recurring) either in person or via the phone and I have had a lot of mixed experiences with them. So here it goes:

Days

Judi Evans (ex-Adrienne/Bonnie, Days)- Met Judi when I was covering a Days Charity Softball game in SC for my parttime job. SUPER, SUPER, SUPER Nice...very down to earth and very gracious. We chatted for well over an hour each time she was in the dugout and when I left she gave me a hug and then emailed me later.

Ali Sweeney- A little standoffish but was very nice at the Days Charity Softball game.

Austin Peck- SUPER NICE....we talked about how we had the same last names and both of us have relatives in the same town in Pennsylvania and Ohio...so we were wondering if we were related somehow.

Matt Ashford- SUPER NICE and gracious...this was not long before he left Days.

Kyle Brandt- Kind of a jerky, but nice

Bryan Dattillo- VERY nice and downright FUNNY!!!!!

Martha Madison- Very standoffish and she acted snotty on the day I met her.

All My Children

Alexa Havins- I met Alexa on more than one occasion when I covered some events in New York for my Parttime job. She was VERY, VERY Nice to me. We hung out after one of her events at Blondies Sport's Bar and talked and laughed for about 2 hours. I've spoken to her on the phone on NUMEROUS occasions to do interviews and to chit chat and via email. She has always been SUPER nice to me.

Justin Bruening- Also SUPER NICE...was kind of a big goofball, but was funny and very nice.

Bobbie Eakes- AWESOME. VERY gracious and thankful of the fans.

Alicia Minshew- I spoke to Alicia on the phone for an interview for my parttime job and she is JUST FABULOUS!!! We had a GREAT conversation not only about AMC but about life in general and our interests, etc.

Walt Willey- Met him in person and hung out with him and his manager backstage at a comedy event in my area. He was hilarious and VERY nice.

Melissa Claire Egan- SUPER NICE...she is a fellow Tarheel fan and UNC grad. We talked on the phone and she is absolutely awesome

Natalia Cigiluti- She played Anita Santos and is a total, total bitch...pardon my language. She was about as exciting as the character she played on AMC.

Chrishell Stause- Super Nice and Very Gracious...I had the chance to talk to her when she first started on AMC

Connie Fletcher- SUPER NICE, talked to her on the phone and met her. Her family is from the same town in Florida as my aunt and they have a vacation home about 45 minutes up the road from me here in NC.

Billy Miller- Talked to him on the phone and he came across kinda arrogant

Cornelius Smith, Jr- Frankie- Talked to him on the phone as well and he is SUPER, SUPER nice!!!!

One Life to Live

Bree Williamson- Hung out with her after the same event in NYC as Alexa Havins... She was very nice and funny... Also had the chance to interview her and she was awesome

Melissa Archer- Same as Bree and Alexa and hung out with her in NYC.

Nathan Marston- VERY nice the time I met him. He was on crutches after breaking his leg.

Ilene Kristen- So FREAKIN funny and a blast to talk to and hang out with

Shanelle Workman- Totally AWESOME and very gracious towards her daytime fans.

As The World Turns

Marie Wilson- Meg- Talked to her on the phone for an interview. She was very short and somewhat bitchy.

Martha Byrne- Talked to her on the phone for an interview- Totally AWESOME and SUPER nice (as is her mom who also works as her manager). Why ATWT did not work with Martha is beyond me!!!!!!

Y&R

Michelle Stafford- She is the BOMB... I LOVE this woman....she is awesome and so much fun

Jess Walton- Very gracious and classy a true professional

Tracy Bregman- AWESOME and SUPER NICE

Liz Hendrickson- comes in close to a tie with Stafford.

• Members

I met AMC's Liz Vassey when I was little. She was nice even though I was a brat(soaps weren't my cup of tea back then). LOL.

I have read quite a few fan recaps and Alicia/Thorsten seem really nice. Bradford Anderson seems like he would be a sweetie to his fans

• Members

He was probbaly just boozin' it up. :lol:

I've met Shemar Moore from Y&R. He did a play over at the FOX Theatre in Atlanta that tanked BIG TIME! But, he wound up going to my old workplace and had a couple of stiff cocktails. Skyy Vodka is his personal preference just so you know. But, at that time, vodka was different back then. Now, it's like you have the Grey Goose, Hangar, Van Gough, Belvedere etc., so I can see him drinking Grey Goose for some weird reason. I don't actually know that, but I like to assume things simply because I've got the gift for gab.

I also met Hayden Panettiere (ex-Lizzie Spaulding, GL) at my old workplace too back in the day. She told me that she was doing a movie with Denzel Washington called 'Remember The Titans' but I really didn't want to know that. Instead, I wanted the 'Behind the Scenes' dirt because that was when Signy Coleman (ex-Teri Demarco, GL NOT ANNIE DUTTON!) was fired from the show, so I wanted to know all the juicy tidbits, but unfortunately, her mother rudely interrupted our conversation. She's all like, "Well, Signey and I are really good friends..." and I was like, "I didn't ask you if you and Signy were good friends. I just want to know how she reacted to her firing that's all! She wasn't Annie Dutton and she will never be Annie Dutton. NEVER!" Then, I made her laugh. But I was being serious though. I hate that. But honestly, Hayden was shocked that I knew her from Guiding Light. She said that I was the first one which I felt kind of okay I guess. But I had all sorts of nosey questions for little Miss Hayden, so I was kind of disappointed about the whole thing. So let this be a lesson: Don't ever interrupt people while they are talking! It's just rude. :lol:

On the 'Not So Nice' side, the only actor/musician that I met was Harry Connick Jr. I know that this is kind of getting off-topic, but he was a complete ass. And I let him have it too! :lol:

• Members

I've also dated a few soap actors. Nobody major, just some recurring and walk-on actors that you'd probably recognize. One guy went back and forth between AMC and OLTL playing a bartender and waiter. Another played a waiter on GL all the way from the final days of Laibson as EP through the early days of Ellen Wheeler. She actually canned him due to budget cuts. I'm gay and live in NYC, so my dating pool tends to include a number of struggling actors. From behind the scenes, I am acquaintances with Jeff Beldner, a writer on AMC. He's a friend of a friend, that sort of thing, and we've attended some of the same parties and have chatted. Cute guy, very short, and PAINFULLY SHY.

Archived