Nice and Rude Soap Stars

• Members

I will always remember meeting Patricia Elliot at the OLTL fan club gathering in 1999.

Ms. Elliot was not able to stay for the meet and greet, and I really wanted to meet her! Well, she was sneaking out to leave via the kitchen at the hotel, and I rushed up top her. She said that she had to go and be with a friend rather urgently and did not have time to talk. Upon seeing the disappointed expression on my face, she looked around nervously and said "Come with me!" She lead me into the kitchen and explained that if she was seen talking to me, she'd have to stay and talk to everyone else. So she chatted with me in the kitchen for 5 minutes and took some pics with me.

What a classy lady and a total sweetheart to boot! I will always remember Ms. Elliot fondly for taking time out for me that day!

Robin Strasser was a total hoot! Laughed a lot and smiled brightly for the camera

Gina Tognoni - I found her cold and reserved. She smiled dutifully for the pic she took with me, but I got the feeling she wanted to be elsewhere.

Hillary B Smith - she laughed a lot and was very patient and gracious.

James DePaiva - I hate to say it, but he seemed like a jerk on an ego trip.

Bob Woods is the epitome of class and professionalism! Does anyone remember the old rumours that Shelley Burch (ex- Delila) had been brainwashed by a cult and was also possibly dead? I was a BIG Shelley Burch fan and I asked Bob if there were any truth to the rumours. He gave a big sigh, and said that he had heard this rumour as well, and they were false. He smiled brightly when he told me that Shelly was alive and well and he had been in touch with her. He said that the next time he spoke to her he would remember to tell her that her fans were asking about here, and that this would make her very happy!

Cat Hickland was all smiles and truly happy to be with her fans. What a neat and funny lady!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've talked to a few actors online:

Patrika Darbo is a sweetheart, I love her. She told me my parents should be proud of having a son like me haha

Patsy Pease is great, very nice

Lesli is awesome I run her board she takes a lot of time out to hang with the fans she met me after I made a petition to keep her on B&B and thanked me for helping out and that it helped keep her alive and I asked her if she wanted a message board. There have been a few creeps at the board, and sometimes it goes down and I have to change the location and all that but Lesli was so gracious. She's a doll.

• Members

The ones I have seen the most are Thorsten Kaye and Aiden Turner from AMC.

Thorsten Kaye is completely and totally awesome. I was already a fan when I met him but after that first time I just completely fell in love with him. He’s fabulous. He’s funny, sweet, and well read. When you are with him you have his undivided attention and he seems to really enjoy talking to people. He goes out of his way to make you comfortable and doesn’t mind giving out the bear hugs!!

Aiden Turner is completely down-to-Earth. I won a breakfast with him so I got to spend a few hours with him and was no ego or anything. It was like talking to one of my buddies. He liked to get me talking as much a lot more than hearing himself talk. He’s very sweet and seems to really like his castmates.

I’ve also met Steve Burton from GH. He seems much more business-like when you meet him but he’s still friendly and nice.

I met Kimberly McCullough from GH and she was great. When I met her I was wearing a “Top 10 Reasons Jason Should Be Robin’s Baby Daddy” t-shirt and she was cracking up at my shirt. She was quick with a warm smile and she seemed pretty genuine about it which made me like her.

I also met Bailey Chase who used to be Chris Hughes on ATWT. I met him before he was on the soap and he is great. He’ll really talk to you about being an actor and what that kind of life is like and he seems to appreciate any following he can get. He’s gracious and pretty humble.

I can’t say I’ve met any rude ones BUT a guy I know went to the AMC set. It was a private visit so he got to chat with everybody and hang out and he said that Alexa Havins, the old Babe, was “a dismissive bitch”. He really liked, Thorsten Kaye, Cameron Mathison, Alicia Minshew, Kelli Giddish and Jacob Young.

• Members

So you're saying he's not nice just because he's NOT your cup of tea? :blink:

Thorsten is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. He makes every person feel warm and welcome. Same for Alicia Minshew.

I've read about how nice Susan Lucci is as well and Cameron Mathison

Not so nice:

Aiden Turner, I've read something things from people who've met him that he is not very nice

• Members

thing with ali is all depends on where you meet her, truth be told.

she doesnt like rushed lines and wucik auto sighings where the handlers are pusing people out of the way. she likes to sit and have time with the fans and talk to them for a moment. not just scirbbler her name and smile for a picture.

• Members

I met Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans a few months ago. They were so gracious. They ran over the event building's time before everyone in the autograph line was done. So they walked outside of the building with all of fans. Mary Beth spots an empty lot across the street and just told us all to follow her as she led us all to this gravely empty lot. They didn't even rush it at that point. Even with the mosquitos biting, they literally stayed there until everyone had a chance for a photo op and autographs - and basically it was nearly dark at that point.

Then I had an even greater chance to interact with Mary Beth at a breakfast the next morning with 30 fans who had won a lottery. This Sunday breakfast event came about because MB wanted to do something where she could interact more intimately with fans. I thought that was so nice of her to be open to meeting fans in that kind of setting. And from what I had heard about Mary Beth and seen of her on Saturday, I expected a fun and unique time where we could ask MB questions and in a more quieter setting.

So I was totally blown away when it was that plus much more. I was actually surprised at how much MB really spent time engaging people. For as much as I respect MB’s acting talent, I am equally, if not more, impressed at her talent for making people feel comfortable and drawing them out.

At the breakfast, MB stated that while she appreciated meeting and briefly taking to fans at meet and greets and signing autographs, she wishes she had more times like this to get to actually know people. She said that as much as she wanted to be available to answer any and all questions we would ask (& that turned out to be very true LOL), she really wanted to know about us and who we were too.

Initially she asked each of us to say our names, where we were from, and what we were doing in life (work, family/single, where we were from, etc.). Obviously it could have easily been a formal exercise where you stand up, give out your information, sit down, move to the next person, repeat. But Mary Beth made a huge point to find something to connect to in each person's introduction (for example, my daughter is applying for school near there how do you like the area, I remember this happened with my kids at that same age, I visited there) or would ask follow up questions.

There was such an informality and comfortable atmosphere that Mary Beth brought. For example, in the middle of the introductions, we would go on a tangent about match.com or some funny story about makeup or woman issues. As much as Mary Beth was leading the discussion and tangents, the fans were chiming in with stories and comments. It was very interactive and it was fun to see how relaxed people became in that setting.

After the intros were over, Mary Beth told us we could ask her questions about absolutely anything. She lived up to that promise. We asked questions ranging from storylines, make-up/wardrobe, family stuff, questions about her personal feelings on things, etc. No holds barred, she was so gracious and open and SOOO dang funny. And she was so humble and always making jokes about herself. Even as she tells a story, she will get everyone involved and responding with comments or laughing.

Again, she was not in a rush and it lasted well over two hours - some of us fans had to be the first ones to leave because we had flights to catch. I was pretty excited because I happened be in the right seat - so she sat right next to me for those whole two hours. She was quite natural looking - not a ton of makeup and just wearing jeans and casual, cute shirt.

When we were all lined and exiting the restaurant - someone asked us what had been going on in the side room we were in. Mary Beth answered "just a women's support group." lol

eta: Wow - I just saw how much of a novel I seemed to have written. Sorry :P

• Members

I always see Michael Easton walking his HUGE dogs through Chelsea here in NYC. Maybe it's him, maybe it's the dogs, maybe it's John McBain, but I find him intimidating. Good to keep the crazies away, I guess.

Ilene Kristen is quite lovely. She definitely has that eccentric "actress-y" quality, but it's endearing instead of ridiculous.

Forbes March is cool. He's another one that says what's on his mind about his show.

Tuc Watkins is beautiful, charming, husband material.

Michael Lowry (formerly Jake on AMC) is VISCERALLY attractive in person. It's funny how it doesn't quite come across on-screen.

He's not an actor, but David Kreizman (head writer of GL) is tremendously nice. And really good-looking, in spite of being somewhat of a midget. :lol: I didn't get "writer" vibes from him, however; he seemed a bit like a frat boy, albeit a very genial one.

• Members

I've met alot of soap stars. Mostly from DAYS, Y&R, and B&B, but also GL, AMC, OLTL, and GH.

Melissa Reeves is just as sweet as her character. Such a beautiful, beautiful woman.

I met Alison Sweeney when she was far along in her pregnancy. She was very nice to me, but I could tell that she either wasn't feeling well or something was wrong.

Bryan Dattilo was very funny and very nice. Drake Hogestyn loves to tell long stories. When I met these two, it was a very intimate gathering so there was time to chat alot with both of them.

Farah Fath had a "my $hit don't stink" attitude when I met her. Very unimpressed.

Back when Jacob Young was still hot, he had no problem flirting it up with the male fans (like me) as he did the female fans....

Sharon Case from Y&R was cold and icy. Didn't bother talking to her.

Jeanne Cooper is awesome. Thad Luckinbill, Greg Rikaart, Shemar Moore, Christian LeBlanc, Kristoff St. John... all awesome, gracious guys.

Katherine Kelly Lang seems a tad cold and reserved.

Susan Flannery is amazing.

Back when there used to be those Salem, Illinois events for Days of Our Lives, I went to the breakfast events for Peter Reckell and another for Melissa Reeves/Matt Ashford. It's pretty cool to be up close to them for 3 hours.

I was at the first event for Guiding Light at Richmond, VA but it was hard to see multiple stars because the lines were so long. I loved meeting Gina Tognoni and she was very nice and I talked with her a bit, but I do agree with what someone else mentioned... When watching her, you could tell that it was more an obligation.

Oh, and I cannot forget my lovely Deidre Hall... she was Dee-lightful :) When she first saw me sitting in a sea full of women, she said, "Oh! A man!"

Archived