Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Some of her co-stars like A Martinez, Richard Eden (Brick) and Robert Thaler (Pearl) have praised her to the skies. Ironically, Mark Arnold said that along with A and Marcy, she was amongst his favorite co-stars. A said on FB once that he and his wife ran into Robin several years ago and had a joyous reunion. Page Moseley (Dylan Hartley) didn't share those sentiments, as he told in an interview from a few years ago: http://santabarbara-online.com/InterviewPMoseley2.htm

Or Nathan Fillion, Judith Light, etc....

• Members

in my opinion, Marcy Walker had the best couple, but Robin Wright was the best actress from that show. I've been seeing episodes from 1986 1988 and I'm really impressed.

She's fantastic as Kelly. I cannot understand why some people prefer Carrington Garland. She is not bad but Robin is a master acting class compared to CG. 

• Members

I thought the Walker family was a good idea...because the show needed a middle class family to balance out the Cap wells.  The problem was that they were focused on too quickly at the expense of the capwells.

That said, I actually liked Kim Zimmer better here then on GL.  She was still a little over the top, but she was also more grounded...playing a cop...and the scenes where she felt guilt not recognizing the signs that her daughter was abused when she'd been a cop were acted well.

The problem the show had was that it was too hinged on Cruz/Eden...and once Eden left...the show never recovered.  If modern soaps could watch a past soap to show what not to do....Santa Barbara should be a template of how focusing on one couple without developing long term supporting characters can kill a show long term.

• Members

Apparently, it never occurred to her that if Rob Reiner hadn't watched her on SB, she never would have gotten the movie role that put her on the map. I think a lot of her bitterness about the show stems with Dane being let go so early into the show's run, and maybe her relationship with him in general. Or maybe she was upset when Marcy Walker (who in 1984 was already a seasoned soap actress with a couple of Emmy nominations under her belt) came on a couple of months into the show's run and became the show's leading lady (it was almost all Kelly/Joe pre-Eden). Whatever the reason, SB opened up a lot of doors for Robin Wright. Regardless of her personal feelings towards the Dobsons or anyone else for the show, she should be grateful for what the show did for her. Maybe Julianne Moore should shake some sense into her.

• Members

She looks a bit old to be her but it reminds me a lot of her, especially at the end. 

I guess she isn't on FB or anything to where we could ask...

Sad that there's so little material of her outside of SB in the first place.