Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Sad news - Justin Gocke, who played the role of Brandon Capwell the longest (1987-92) and won and Emmy for it in 1989, passed away at age 36 on September 8th.

http://avpress.com/obit-archive.php?obit=31897785

Here's what A Martinez said on FB: "Justin. This acting business can be a difficult thing to deal with for anyone. But especially for children."

The cause of death, as per the Santa Barbara Home Page, as well as other sites, is listed as an apparent suicide. I couldn't find anything to confirm that.

So, so sad.

• Members

Hey Amy: Got a few things here, the first couple being updates on previous posts.

The actor playing Lemory... I remember the character, but the IMDB does not list Ernie Hudson playing this role. (That doesn't mean anything... it's possible they don't have a record of his being on there.)

Sad to hear about Justin. Always sad to hear when a former SB actor passes away. First Dane earlier this year and now this. Never saw Justin in anything after SB, but it sounds like he wasn't the happiest person. :(

• Members

Wanted to post this separately... speaking of former SB actresses, one of my favorites (Stacy Edwards) is teaching acting in Hollywood! The place she's involved with is called Keep it Real Acting. Jeff Kober (I want to say that's his name), who used to be on China Beach, also teaches there.

I hope this means Stacy hasn't transitioned full-time to being an acting coach. She'd be damn good as a regular on a TV series if someone would take a chance.

• Members

Sad to hear about Justin Gocke. I know a lot of people enjoyed his work as Brandon. I'm sorry his life ended the way it did. I hope he is at peace.

Jeff Kober still does a lot of acting so perhaps Stacy will too.

sungrey, I'm trying to remember - did I once post some Julia Campbell articles for you? I think I have one or two more.

• Members

The show I remember Julia Campbell most for, oddly enough, was the short-lived A Whole New Ballgame with Corbin Bernsen, which aired in 1994-95 while the real-life MLB strike was going on.

Thank you, sungrey, for the updates. The year started with the passing of Carmen Zapata (Carmen Castillo), who in a sad coincidence, passed away the same weekend as A Martinez's real-life mother. Then Dane Witherspoon passed at the end of March. Now Justin Gocke. So, so sad.