March 17-21, 2008

Toups

• Members

I agree with your earlier point that a soap doesn't have to be about multigenerational families and babies (see Dark Shadows and Edge Of Night), but here I have to disagree. The show has no balance whatsoever. DOOL is an incredibly balanced show and I think the litmus test is you can call on just about any character except 90something Alice and Maggie, and you can at least discuss what their story is or what their current situation is that can blossom into a story. Even marginal characters like Tony and Anna, Victor, Kate, Chloe...they all might not be seen for weeks but they have something for the show to grab on to the next time we see them.

And then there is Bobbie Spencer. Her ex fiancee Jerry is in town a year and not a single scene came of it for Bobbie. Alan died a year ago and got one day of grief and they couldn't even be bothered to televise his eulogy. Only recently, thanks to the scab writers, has Monica gotten any material and in a stroke of supreme imbalance GH twisted it back and made all her material once again about Jason. Edward? Is he even alive anymore? I can't tell you what he is up to these days but it a lot less than the recurring to the point of perhaps 10 apps. in 2007 Victor Kiriakis.

I think it is very easy to help all these characters mentioning Sonny and Jason, and all it takes is a writer who writes them saying something else. But instead of of saying "we have Bobbie Jones, what story can we concoct for her" GH says "We're about the mob and Bobbie Jones isn't, ergo we refuse to write for her." That's a warped sense of balance.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CBS soaps didn't air on Thursday and Friday because of March Madness aka NCAA Basketball. Go Kansas!!!

Final Standings

HH

1 Y&R 3.9 (+.1)

2 B&B 2.9 (+.1)

3 ATWT 2.3 (+.1)

3 GH 2.3 (+.1)

5 DOOL 2.2 (+.2)

6 AMC 2.0 (same)

6 OLTL 2.0 (same)

8 GL 1.9 (same)

ABC

AMC

Monday 1. 9

Tuesday 1.9

Wednesday 1.9

Thursday 2.1

Friday 2.0

OLTL

Monday 2.0

Tuesday 2.1

Wednesday 2.0

Thursday 2.1

Friday 2.0

GH

Monday 2.3

Tuesday 2.3

Wednesday 2.3

Thursday 2.3

Friday 2.2

CBS

ATWT

Monday 2.2

Tuesday 2.4

Wednesday 2.3

B&B

Monday 2.8

Tuesday 3.1

Wednesday 2.9

GL

Monday 1.8

Tuesday 2.0

Wednesday 2.0

Y&R

Monday 3.7

Tuesday 4.0

Wednesday 3.9

NBC

DOOL

Monday 2.1

Tuesday 2.1

Wednesday 2.2

Thursday 2.1

Friday 2.2

• Members

Thank you so much Lskreet! Ugh! I can't stand March Madness. The only CBS soap that stayed the same during the big cliffhanger Wednesday was Guiding Light- all other CBS soaps dropped a notch or two. Glad to see DAYS jump a little, but like we've said in previous threads like this before, it will probably go down next week. GH went up too- was this the end or the aftermath of the TMK storyline?

• Members

Interesting that ABC and NBC didn't really go up on Thursday and Friday. Guess CBS Nielsen families don't much care to check out the other shows.

ETA: Not trying to be the Voice of Doom or anything, but the fact that Days' demo hasn't changed from last March (one of the WORST months of 2007 for Days) is not good news. Yes, their households are up, but that demo number is what's important. It scares me a little...

• Members

It looks like they did tune in on Thursday and tuned back out on Friday. Wow, so AMC is dead last in Total Viewers and Women 18-49. So many 1.9's too. I thought the Real Greenlee was going to bring in the ratings. :P:lol: Jesse and Angie arent even bringing up the ratings for AMC. Glad to see CBS soaps up. Nice to see ATWT up in women 18-49, HH and Total Viewers. :D

• Members

So it looks like ABCD didn't benefit from March madness, though GH went up .1.

I don't know what Parisians will find to love about GH because it's not the fashion and they should find the mob pretty lame but maybe instead of merely dubbing, they'll modify the dialogue and improve it.

Archived