Agnes Nixon consulting at AMC?

• Members

Exactly. And I am more inclined to believe now Frons let McTavish do what she wanted in alot of regards.

I still believe she was the one who came up with the idea to kill Dixie, He was sold on it because A, shock value and B, it saved the network a boatload of money.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really think if Anges came back to write it would make a HUGE difference. I say that because she knows what AMC is and she knows the history of the show.

I think she had something to do with the Angie/Jesse SL. I say that because thats the only good story worth watching on AMC. B&E cannot thiknk of something that good.

• Members

Um, why should Agnes come back? The woman is over 80 and deserves to be resting comfortably in her retirement. It's not her fault that the idiots in charge keep on screwing up her shows, and thus her professional legacy. She might have had some consulting credit, but I don't think for a minute its as valuable to TPTB as we think it is.

• Members

I think she "managed" him better than B&E are able to. McTavish does "lose it" after 12-18 months max, but I do think she had to satisfy him on a lot of occasions and that just compounded her 12-18 month stump issue. It was his idea to do the two soap babyswitch storyline, no? Rylee, etc...

That's why I think AMC needs a stronger EP (good luck on getting that, heh). The HW (who certainly can suck on their/his/her own merit, Frons or no Frons) shouldn't have to be competing with Frons (who occasionally probably does bring a good idea or direction point in in his meddling) over you know who is the shows true head writer - storyline dictation should be between the shows EP and HW with the network head only stepping in to give a general guideline that respects the shows history (not to be confused with writing the shows) and "advice" when things are obviously failing. A good EP could manage the interference from Frons to the point that it's not even an issue. JHC may be nice to work with for the actors (gives awful interviews though), but she clearly not that EP.

• Members

Yep it was sweet and she wrote such great scenes with Kendall/Bianca...I loved how she was passionate about family on the show.

2003 and 2004 were great under her. 2005 I found to be good but not great or very good. 2006 tanked and she improved in 2007 but it was time for her to go

• Members

What I got to give Megan McTavish is that back in the 1990's she wrote for AMC. Those were some of the best years for AMC. So I gotta give her that much. But FMB was EP so she had a strong vision for AMC. Also Megan McTavish does suck after years but at least she never drove the ratings this low.............................................

B&E on the other hand.....they drove AMC at the bottom in like 1 months. The CRASH SL was good for 1 week and that was it..........They need to go.

• Members

I think Megan works well with a strong EP. At one point, Carruthers was strong but not anymore. Many of the episodes that McTavish wrote in 2003 and 2004 mirrored those of 1992-1995 when she was head writer so I do not believe that Behr was the sole reason for the show's success at that time.

• Members

Naw. 2003-2004 was nothing like AMC's 1990's. FMB agian like i said she knew AMC. She had a vision and it was to be on top. JHC just sucks. She really knows nothing about AMC. She just got this job because PC was cancelled. I would not mind if FMB or FJ came back as EP's. I would be happy because those 2 knew AMC beside Agnes.

• Members

I stopped watching AMC in 1992 and never looked back. The Natalie-in-the-well story turned me off the show for good, it just went against everything the show had ever stood for. Ironically, that story, penned by Megan McTavish, brought in a lot of viewers. Many people on the internet started watching the show during that time, but that story signaled the end of AMC's glory days.

• Members

Its interesting how many fans have different points within the shows history where they can comfortably say the show hit its peak. It just show how broad and diverse of a fan base All My Children has appealed to over the past 38 years.

• Members

In the recent publicity photos with Warren Buffett, Agnes Nixon was pictured too.

That was odd unless (a) Nixon somehow has personal ties with Buffett (plausible), or (B) she's around the studio in some capacity.

I'm thinking Agnes must at least be consulting again on a semi-regular basis?

Archived