Agnes Nixon consulting at AMC?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That sounds interesting, but I'm not holding out much hope. It's obvious that they know things have gone way off track the past several years and they're aggressively trying to fix things by hearkening back to the past. The problem is that the writing, to be kind, is just not there. And all these poorly written nostalgic nods only serve to heighten the contrast between the quality of writing in the past vs. that of today. Babs and Jim really need to go. Although they're admirably redoing the structure to incorporate elements of the past, their writing never rises above the mediocre. All the show needs now is a good writer in place, and the show would be on fire.

• Members

It won't be as good as the Cortlandt Manor back in the day given their financial state but at least they bothered. I'm assuming these scenes are more of Opal falling for Robert and they could have easily used any old set for that (when it doubt use the boathouse!)

Also, since Opal turned the living room into a new Glamorama back in 99 (one of the first things Agnes did) it would make sense that it wouldn't be the same as it was.

Very very surprising.

• Members

Correct me if I'm wrong... But

I think I heard or read somewhere that AN has sold OLTL and AMC to ABC AGES ago, so, since they own the shows outright they can rape them in every orifice and AN just has to sit back and watch. I mean they consult with her because she's Agnes F'ing Nixon and she's a legend and all that, but I don't think she has any pull.

Archived