Agnes Nixon consulting at AMC?

• Members

I keep hearing rumors and reading posts on other boards saying that Agnes Nixon is writing and/or consulting on the Jesse/Angie story on AMC. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that? It seems unlikely to me, but what do I know? LOL! I know there are some MediaNet pics of Agnes on the set, but I thought those were for an on-screen appearance she'll be making in May, along with Warren Buffett.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No I don't think she is.

Some people tossed the idea out there because the Jesse/Angie story was so much better than everything else.

Then various online "scoopters" (fakes) started reporting the rumors. And then it snowballed and some sites started reporting the rumors as as fact.

Now you have people at one site sending letters of thanks to Agnes based on absolutely nothing but some people's suggestions which snowballed into "fact".

• Members

I think it started with Brown and Esensten saying in one of the rags that they consulted with Agnes about how to believeably bring Jesse back from the dead, and then the myth of Agnes' involvement snowballed from there. Whether Agnes came up with the basic idea of how to resurrect him, or how to reunite Jesse and Angie, or plotted the entire story is up for debate, but based on the way the story's been unfolding, I'm inclined to believe she thought up the basic idea for his return and (unfortunately) let B&E run amok with it. I think so many fans are so disgusted with the show but are still clinging to a glimmer of hope that it will get better, that just hearing of Agnes' (probably peripheral) involvement caused them to overstate her involvement.

• Members

ITA with you all. B&E did say they asked her about the believability of Jesse's return. That's ALL. It snowballed, became an internet scoopsters game of "telephone" and all of a sudden it's now "AN is writing the J&A storyline!" as "fact"... nope.

The woman is ... old. She's 81 yrs old. 10 Years ago she was co-headwriting with Passanante & Page (BLECH, PTOOEY) and the show sucked then too. While I love her for creating the show, she's not the magic bullet to fix everything.

• Members

LOL... probably. And can't you just see...

MMT: We want to bring back Erica's aborted fetus. What do you think Agnes, will that erase your groundbreaking story or do you like it?

AN: What? I always liked Erica. She's me. Did I tell you the time we...

MMT: Thanks for the glowing recommendation! ::happily scampers away::

• Members

I do know that, in one of the magazines, B&E said they consulted with Agnes on the Jesse/Angie story and many believed she was writing it since it was so great and B&E could not possibly be capable of writing such a terrific story. But now, the J/A story seems to be in a road block so she might not be consulting anymore.

Never fear because rumors are floating around right now that a beloved writer will soon be the head writer and turn the show around much the same way McTavish did when she returned in 2003 (hate her all you want but you cannot deny that she gave AMC a shot in the arm in July/2003 and that carried through the next year as well)

• Members

I thought Megan was amazing when she came back in 2003. She did exactly what they hired her to do. The way she brought people, enemies, friends, family, the entire town together to rally around Bianca is one my fondest memories of AMC.

But I've heard, and I believe what I was told, that her vision didn't match Frons. It was sort of what he does with all the HW's, "write what I like or out with your ass". So she folded. IMO, you can see the shift from what she wanted to her giving in and writing Frons' AMC. I'd say early more mid-2004 is when it started. She sold out, plain and simple.

• Members

I remember we were thinking we'd at least get a 6 month honeymoon period with new writers, instead it was literally 1-2 weeks. Ouch.

I do believe there's a lot of truth to Frons + Interference, but I've never known McTavish to do her HW job well for more than 12-18 months (Frons or no Frons).

Archived