Agnes Nixon consulting at AMC?

• Members

Minshew said, I think near the end of McTavish's stint, that Agnes is present at every story meeting. If she was there, she might've suggested a plot twist or something, but I doubt she had any control over story. I'm not sure I even totally believe Minshew's statement. At that time, Frons commented that they approached Agnes to get her approval over the alive fetus storyline (which she apparently thought was interesting and told the press so, but that's a whole other story). Why would you "approach" someone who regularly sits in on story meetings? None of that ever made sense.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can vaguley remember that far back. LOL I was 8 years old but I watched. It's all really hazy, but I can recall. Natalie in the well was for you what Josh was for me. Everyone has their breaking points.

Oh and thanks for posting. I've been gone from here for months because there's been an mindset here for awhile that if you don't watch you don't have a right to formulate an opinion. So I like when others who no longer watch weigh in. :)

• Members

Yay, another viewer who loathed that storyline here! That was the first time I seriously considered giving up on my show. I know several of the posters here consider that a landmark storyline, but I thought it sucked because it dumbed down previously smart Trevor and it was dragged out way too long. This type of plot had previously worked on OLTL with Pat and her sister (can't recall the name) and DAYS with Marlena/Samantha, but AMC used to be above such gimmicky storytelling until McT came along. I thought Lorraine Broderick did an admirable job of restoring some of AMC's former glory, but at this point I don't think AMC can fully recover from the damage of McT's last stint.

If Agnes is consulting, I have a feeling it is in a very limited capacity. I can picture her suggesting that the person behind Jesse's kidnapping was Ray's brother, meaning that it was a personal vendetta, and then B&E turning that into this stupid search for a necklace. Her influence is not being felt currently, imo.

• Members

I do not think Agnes is consulting but, that said, a story about bad guys after a diamond isn't out of the question for her: Remember the Alexandra Devane mess? Espionage, brainwashing, the Brynn Wydd sanitarium....Agnes was headwriter for all that.

• Members

I think Agnes pretty much concentrated on Erica/Bianca coming out storyline during that stint as HW and the early Alex/Dimitri stuff (which actually wasn't bad in the beginning, considering that Finola Hughes was pushed on her). Everything else reeked of her co-HW Passanante and Liz Page, who was HW for a bit too. The show was in horrible shape when she took over. McTavish had ruined the show and Angela Shapiro had to practically beg Agnes to return to fix things. Again, I doubt she was heavily involved in the non-Bianca stuff. Whatever the story, given the state McTavish had left the show in at that point, Shapiro's increasing involvement with the show, and the fact that Jean Dedario Burke was a spineless, visionless EP, even Agnes could only do so much.

• Members

That is interesting because I recall that being one of the best stories I have seen on AMC for the 17 years I have been watching...I started watching in March/1991 and the first major story I remember is Natalie in the well. When I first started watching, I only tuned in for Natalie. In 1992, I started to follow Natalie and the entire Wildwind crew. Then, in 1993, I watched for everybody

Archived