Official Pre-Nom List

SoapQueen89

• Members

I disagree. Terri is as much lead as Lish is. terri pu herself in the correct place. she was lead. she was a lot and in a front burner storyline. no the entire show wasnt built around her, but i dont think you need the entire show built around you to be lead.

Megan does belong in supporting - but she has the power to be in lead. I give someone going for lead much more credit than i do to a weak actress who the entire show is built around going for sub to get the win. thats a selfish coward move to do.

i dont see how anyone could defend AM being in supporting. if she wasnt a lead actress last year then i have no idea who ever has been a lead actress. hell susan flannery would fit better in supporting than her.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Terri is not leading on ATWT, Maura West is leading, Martha Byrne was more leading last year than Terri was. PJ said it best, she was on alot, but in a SUPPORTING capacity. She did not have a storyline that was her own. Name me one storyline she carried???

You mean kind of like you're defending Terri a SUPPORTING actress being in LEAD? ;)

• Members

my predictions:

Lead Actress

Bobbie Eakes (All My Children)

Deidre Hall (Days Of Our Lives)

Katherine Kelly Lang (Bold and the Beautiful)

Melody Thomas Scott (Young and the Restless)

Laura Wright (General Hospital)

Lead Actor

Eric Braeden (Young and the Restless)

David Canary (All my Children)

Ricky Paul Goldin (Guiding Light)

Michael Park (As The World Turns)

Peter Reckell (Days Of Our Lives)

Supporting Actress

Kathy Brier (One Life to Live)

Alicia Menshew (All my Children)

Jennifer Garies (Bold and the Beautiful)

Heather Tom (Bold and the Beautiful)

Marie Wilson (As The World turns)

Supporting Actor

William DeVry (Bold and the Beautiful)

Joseph Mascalo (Days Of our Lives)

Austin Peck (As The world Turns)

Kristoff St. John (Young and the Restless)

Tuc Watkins (One Life to Live)

Younger Actress

Jennifer Landon (As the World Turns)

Emily O'Brien (Young and the Restless)

Leven Rambin (All My Children)

Marnie Schulenburg (As The World turns)

Kirsten Stormes (General Hospital)

Younger Actor

Blake Barris (Days Of Our Lives)

Dylan Cash (General Hospital)

Van Hansis (As The World turns)

Tom Pelphrey (Guiding Light)

Jesse Lee Soffer (As the World turns)

• Members

The emmys are on some serious crack if they nominate Sabine Singh, but hey I guess that would be no worse than handing the emmy to miss Natalia Livingston a few years back. How on earth is Lish not lead? Lucci did next to nothing this year....

• Members

Glad these are finally out. I won't make predictions right now but just a few thoughts...

The tie in the Days leading actor category is interesting. James Scott had said he was going supporting. He was lead last year so I have no beef with it. Just interesting. Thaoo should've been supporting too but I guess they stand their best chance of nods there with experienced, veteran actors. I am thinking Peter and Thaoo must have tied since Peter did not have a whole lot of work last year. I think Days has a good shot at getting someone in lead actor. Not many actors there had good years and Thaoo, Stephen, and James all have stuff to make decent reels. Thaoo's stuff may be too over the top and Stephen's may as well. I just hope they submit well but with Ed it seems like they will. He seems to be dictating alot of this.

I am shocked they didn't throw KA in lead actress since PR is in lead. I know she didn't so much of anything but if Peter is there, why not her? Ali doesn't have a shot IMO. This is the first year I can say that but she overacted alot and she was in a story that was not received well. Dee has a good shot and deserves a nod. I think MTS is the frontrunner and most deserving but I keep getting a NLG vibe. I hope not but I keep getting a sense that MTS will either get screwed out of a nod or a win.

Minshew going supporting is dumb and reeks of her not thinking she has a chance in lead. Ehlers should be on this list. She is probably the most notable omission.

Supporting actor is very weak. Days has a chance there too. Dattilo's best work is from early October where he had those Pub scenes with Sami and then the scenes with Kate. I do think Joe Mascolo can and should sneak in. He did the work of his career last year. I kind of wish they submitted Frank Parker over Bryan or maybe put Thaoo in there so he would have a better shot but whatever. Jay has been great but I don't think he has enough, really.

Supporting actress is strong because of the OLTL girls. Hickland and Brier are locks but I don't feel the Tognoni love. She has good material but if she gets in, I don't see a win. She didn't impress me as much this year. I think Martha stands a good chance. She has the buzz and her firing may give her a pity vote. Judi Evans doesn't have enough and MBE has some but nothing over the top impressive. I hate that Pinson and Koslow were not on this. Evans should've been left off in favor of one of them. Pinson had the scenes where she fell off the wagon and the Nick reveal and Koslow had those great scenes with Dattilo in the car where Lucas disowned her.

Younger actor is a mess and Blake Berris could easily get in there. Darin has no shot. They never given him great material. Florida has a better shot then him. I don't think there is a clear standout in that category at all and we will likely get some WTF's there like last year.

Young actress is much the same. Storms is the front-runner and hopefully she doesn't pull a Berman and mess up. Landon will likely get in and perhaps Van Zandt and Berman. Melvin has a good shot because there isn't many choices and she deserves a nod and I actually think Shelly Hennig does as well. She really came into her own. I think that category is wide-open too.

I am shocked Passions did not submit Ben Masters in lead or Galen and where is Emily Harper? That's a shock. I can't understand how Redford made it when he just started on December 24. I thought there was a certain amount of episodes you had to be in to qualify? As for the other major awards, not ready to make predictions there yet.

• Members

Katie is very much a lead character on ATWT. She was front and center and one of the main people in the years major storyline. She wasnt just a supporting player in it, she was one of the three main people in a huge front burner storyline. How is that not lead? Now if Terri is a lead actress if another debate - but her character was lead. Call me crazy, but i dont think you need the entire show built around you or a storyline all your own. Katie wasn as much of lead as Lily was, and def more so than roseanna or emily. The only comp she realy has was Meg.

Terri really could have went either way. But AM? No. She was on the show over 90% of the time. She was on more than any actress on any soap all year. She was one of the main people in huge storylines all yearlong. Her acting partner, TK, is in lead and was on less than her, so how is she NOT lead? She was without doubt more lead than SL or BE. Kendall was a lead character on every damn episode she was in, and she was in more than anyone - on any soap.

Honestly, AM in supporting would be like Maura West or Susan Flannery going supporting.

Becky Herbst is another one i do not understand why she is in supporting. Aside from the fact that Becky is very much a supporting actress in a lead role, however the entire show wasnt built around Elizabeth, but she was much more lead than anyone else - aside from kemo who was snubbed.

• Members

These are the only pre-nominations I am impressed with. All the categories seem to be pretty weak this year. While I am a fan of Nancy and Megan I don't believe they have the material to win. I love Eakes and think that she did a brilliant job with what she was given. The death of her daughter and her triangle should be more then enough to lock a nomination especially if she was nominated for her work in 2005. Hall will get shunned unfortunately. But I do think that Melody Thomas and Maura have both the sotry and meat they need to win.

For lead actor for me it has to be between GH or YR. Tyler Christopher and Tony Geary are strong bets. But so are many of the Y&R actors. Supporting actress is okay. I think OLTL and GH have the best nominees this year. I like the ABC nominees for Supporting Actor and Younger Actress. I think ATWT will win younger actor.

Archived