Official Pre-Nom List

SoapQueen89

• Members

I think whomever decided to put Alicia Minshew in for supporting has some brass balls. Not only did she have a higher episode count than any other actress in daytime for 2007, but she also drove several stories. I understand she would never actually win lead, but that doesn't mean she should be allowed (or told) to stand for supporting. If she isn't good enough to get a lead nomination (and she isn't) than she shouldn't get one at all. My only satisfaction will be seeing her lose in supporting because she's not even as good as most of the people nominated in that category, despite having been given more and better material.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In what universe is Alicia Minshew a supporting actress? I'm trying to think of the last episode she wasn't in, and coming up with nothing.

I was mostly surprised by the GH pre-noms. I mean, I LOVE NLG. Seriously love her. But I can't think of a single thing she could submit. KeMo isn't nearly as talented (IMO, at least), but she did get a lot more story this year. And similarly, I don't think Megan Ward was quite as important this year as BH or KM. But hey, I do think MW and NLG are the strongest actors, so I am pleased for them.

• Members

I actually think the soaps did a good job of selecting their pre-noms this year. Not too many disasters and people wrongfully left off. The biggest glaring omission to me was Beth Ehlers at GL though, she definitely had the tapes to win.

Here are my predicted winners, should they get nominated.

GH is so winning Best Drama, should they get the nomination this year. No other soap has episodes that can match the intensity of their hostage crisis event.

Kathy Brier is so winning supporting, I bet my life on it.

Lead Actress Melody Thomas Scott has it in the bag, should she submit the right tapes.

Lead Actor is anyone's guess, 2007 wasn't a good year for the men on daytime.

Ditto for supporting actor...

Writing should go to B&B, it had the most consistent 2007.

Younger actress is so going to Kristen Storms, GH gave her killer material to go with in 2007.

Younger actor is a hot mess of a category...

GH is going to win for Directing...

• Members

Well, I guess we are going to have to disagree . I think she isn't nominated as a lead because the show knows she doesn't stand a chance in hell against woman who can actually act. Compared to SF, KZ, ES, BE, CC, and the other divas of daytime AM, does not stand up to the competition at all. I think they should actually start writing her as supporting and giving her the airtime that goes with it, since I do agree that is where she belongs both on this list and on the show.

I also don't think Sabine should have been nominated as supporting, although at least you could argue that she was supporting Kendall's story. In AM's case, who exactly was she supporting? She drove the story, not very well, but she drove it none the less.

• Members

it think she is better compared to any of them and plenty of others, however i do think she has plenty of strong things to chose from, and everyone else has slim to nothing.

bottom line, like her or hate her, she belongs in lead and the fact that shes in supporting is sick. not only was she on more than any other actress on any soap opera, but the entire show was built around her.

• Members

LOL Alicia carried the Crash storyline, I've seen that said over and over by the soap mags and in various other places. Most of the time Kendall is a supporting character, cause Kendall doesn't get storylines of her own, they have her supporting everyone else.

Alicia should be in lead for the Crash storyline alone. Bobbie Eakes, did I miss something she did that was emmy worthy last year???

Seriously Sabine Singh??? Uhm yeah okay :blink:

Alicia is a better actress than most on that list.

Someone asked who Billy J. Miller is, he plays Richie Novak on AMC ;)

• Members

I agree. I don't think that AM is a good actress. IMO, the only thing that she really does okay with is being snarky. She's not really that good with anything else. I don't think that she would stand a chance going against a lot of lead actresses in daytime today. Even if she did get a lead actress prenomination, I seriously doubt that she would get an actual daytime emmy nomination for the same category or even supporting. There are just too many actresses that are way more talented than she is IMO. I also agree that they should cut her airtime significantly, the character of Kendall is on way too much.

Archived