Official Pre-Nom List

SoapQueen89

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Easton? Really?

Which reel is he going to submit? The one where he stands, hands on his hips, brooding? Or the one where he stands, brooding, with his hands on his hips?

B&B's Mackenzie Mauzy's inclusion is a travesty. As is Tamsin Sursoks. And the fact that neither Jess Walton, Sharon Case nor Beth Elhers got nods is a stain on the industry.

I'm hoping that Martha Madison, Deidre Hall, Kristian Alfonso and Lindsay Hartley all get noms. Say what you will about crapalooza Passions, but LH carried that show on her own for years.

• Members

^^^I disagree. She's been carrying that show since its debut. It's not her fault that she gets crap material to play with, and her character is written as an insufferable shrew. Yet, Hartley still manages to put her all into it. Plus, imagine what she could do with good material and a better director? Why Passions actors put up with this nonsense is beyond me.

• Members

If she's been "carrying" it, then why was it cancelled? If she's been "carrying" it, then why is the show or Lindsay never nominated for anything?

I think LH is ridiculously overrated by Passions fans. JM and TR run circles around her.

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttthhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn!" That's the only thing LH is good for.

• Members

Well I wouldn't call carrying a zany show like PASSIONS for nearly a decade to be a defeat. Eight years (and technically still now) is an impressive feat when you consider the nature of the show, preposterous plots, erratic pacing, and atrocious acting at times. I don't think I can ever say that Hartley has phoned in a scene. She put her heart and soul into the Theresa character, went up against the likes of Ben Master and Andrea Evans and more than held her own. She's run the gamut of emotions, and more than often delivered. She's been the central focus of Harmony since day one. I don't think Hartley is overrated at all. It's that her fans see so much potential in this actress and they embrace it. They know that she can do better, and the praise is definitely justified.

Who are JM and TR?

If TR = Tracey Ross, then you must be joking.

I'm thinking JM = Juliet Mills, and I can't lie she is a better actress than Hartley, but look at her resume.

As for the Emmy's, it's pointless to bring them up in an argument because it always leads to contradiction. Why have Katherine Kelly Lang, Ben Masters, Sabryn Genet, or even Alex Donnelly been denied of an Emmy nomination?

BTW I know it takes a collective unit to make a show, but there is no denying that more times than not that Lyndsay Hartley has been THAT unit. At one point it used to be Juliet Mills and Josh Evans (RIP).

• Members

Alicia Minshew for Supporting Actress? What the hell is with that? The woman was lead all damn year last year.Why she would submit herself in that category is beyond me. Maybe the show wants Lucci to snag another Emmy nom. Why? She wasn't good last year with mediocre storyline.

Same thing goes for Gina Tognoni. She was a Leading Actress in 2007.

For OLTL, i see a good number of nominations. Kathy Brier,Catherine Hickland, and a few of the younger choices. Might see Robin Strasser make the list too. Cant forget about Robert Woods either.

• Members

Here's the calendar, according to the academy's website:

January 6, 2008

Deadline to Submit Entry Forms and Judging Applications for Traditional Programming Categories (excluding Broadband). DVD Submissions are due to All Mobile Video.Note: Entry Forms and Judging Applications for Traditional Programming Categories will no longer be accepted.

February 4, 2008

DVDs sent to Judges serving on Split Panels.

February 6, 2008

Split Panel Ballots Posted, Online Voting Opens.Drama Performance Ballots Posted, Online Voting Opens.

February 12, 2008

Deadline to cast and submit votes online for Drama Performance Panels.Note: Online Voting period closes at 11:59pm.

February 19, 2008

Deadline to cast and submit votes online for Split Panel ballots.Note: Online Voting period closes at 11:59pm.

March 7, 2008

Deadline to submit Drama Performance DVDs to All Mobile Video.

March 19, 2008

DVDs sent to all Judges (including those serving on the second round of viewing for split panels).

March 21, 2008

All Ballots Posted. Online Voting Opens.

April 4, 2008

Deadline to submit Entry Forms for Broadband/Mobile Categories (must include special Emmy entry URL).Deadline to Submit Judging Applications for those applying to serve on Broadband/Mobile panels.Note: Entry Forms and Judging Applications for Broadband/Mobile Categories will no longer be available online after 11:59 PM.

April 10, 2008

Deadline to cast and submit votes online (for all panels including Traditional and Broadband/Mobile Programming).Note: Online Voting period closes at 11:59pm

April 30, 2008

Nomination Announcement (tentative)

Archived