Official Pre-Nom List

SoapQueen89

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Feb 21 2008, 09:13 PM)
You all need to watch this scene. Look at Jess Walton's acting, then watch Adrienne Frantz in the same scene. Tell me, who should've gotten that Pre-Nom? It's not even a contest! I'm speechless.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeC6wTlO9xM&rel=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeC6wTlO9xM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeC6wTlO9xM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thank you! Case closed! Slap. In. The. Face.*

*Unless, for some insanely generous reason Jess Walton has decided to remove herself from competition since she's got 2 Emmys and is known as being one of the nicer people in the business.

• Members

I think Y&R has it lock, stock and barrel for lead actress. If MTS doesn't win, I'm gonna pitch a fit, even if it's Stafford, who I adore, wins.

As for lead actor, it's really a toss up. I don't think TG should get a nom but Tyler Christopher was great during the aftermath of Emily's death. Eric Braeden also has a great shot at a nomination and win, especially with the Victoria hospital stuff.

Supporting actor and actress are just a mess. I can see Kristoff St. John and Kathy Brier or Rebecca Herbst winning because while no one with the exception of Brier was great this year, the other two had great scenes (Neil for Dru's death and Elizabeth for Emily's death).

Younger actress should be Kirsten Storm's for her work in December alone. She was heartbreaking as Maxie learned of her sister's death and then once she got to the body and the funeral where she ripped into her mother like there was no tomorrow.

• Members

In that interview, she said she'd probably submit the break up with Jack, and then making love to Brad. NOW, theoretically, the breakup with Jack was probably her best work all year. And all it does take is one great scene to get you a nom. We can all name actors that managed that feat. I still don't think that will get her a nom, but crazier things have happened. Usually not for potential first time nominees, and certainly not in Lead Actress.

It's always been hard distinguishing who's lead and who's supporting. Especially this year, I just think there were two better choices at ATWT for that third spot, Marie W and KMH. Marie was front and center in the Paul/Craig triangle the entire year. As far as I'm concerned, Teri can't claim that, regardless of her airtime.

• Members

Alicia should have put her name in lead (she did last year) and I think Melissa Claire should have put her name in for supporting (just because you technically qualify in the catergory) and I think it's not going to do either of them any good, especially since AMC could have had 3 nominess in the catergory...

Both Kristen Storms and Leven Rambin are in the same boat--talented actresses that don't have a whole years worth of work worthy, but a series of scenes that should make them contender (Kristen scenes after Georgie's death, Leven scenes where is just her playing Ava and Lily) Jen Landon, IMO, didn't have enough this year, but she's going to be the "I'm leaving" nominee (Jennifer Finnigan, Eden Riegel)

Younger actor---I think is the MOST random, as always (lets all remember the fun of the mumbler Aidan Turner's nomination) watch we get all three ATWT guys, Tom P and one of the two from OLTL (Brandon Buddy or Jason Tam)

• Members

if Alicia was not a lead actress i dont know who ever has been. 90% of the show was built to prop kendull. every single storyline she was in was a major one and she one of the biggest roles in them all. If she is not a lead actress she needs to stop being on the amount of time she is. I think the fact that she was on more than anyone else on any soap all year long speaks volumes. And no, she wasnt like nadine or regina on GH who is on a lot, but only as window dressing.

ITA w/ everything you said!

first of all it wasnt that katie was just on a lot. she wasnt just on supporting and proping storyline. she was one of the few main stars in a major front burner storyline all year long. again, do i think terri C is a leasd actress? No more so than i think that Alicia M is a lead actress (and for those who dotn know, i dont think shes lead at all. nither one can carry a storyline). That does not change the fact that both terri & Alicia were one of few lead actress' on there soaps. The fact that ntiher actress is able to carry a storyline doesnt matter to me - because the show doesnt see it that way.

To compare the amount of time and storyline ED had to TC is ... there are no words. Again, do i think terri C IS a lead actress? in no way whatsoever. However, that doesnt change the fact that she WAS and IS a lead actress on ATWT.

I have said more than once in this thread RH should be in lead. Martha Madison should also be in Lead, and DH should be in supporting. SL should be in supporting. There are a few others who are in the wrong place, but the reason people bitch about AM is the fact that almost the entire show was built around her char. kendull was the STAR of AMC all year long. everyone else almost was on to prop her and support her. If she belongs in supporting than so do Cam Mat and TK.

• Members

i could not disagree more. and i really am not saying this as kirsten lover. because last year, and in fact any year, i have not said kirsten deserves the emmy, because she didnt. but this year yes. She was amazing during the hostage situation in that vault with three. Then her faling in love with coop, her revenge against lulu, her affair with logan, her breakup with coop, she finds out georgie was kileld, she sees georgies body, her in the hospital after, the funeral scene.

that scene at georgie funeral was THE best scene by a younger actress all year. she was so cold and chilling yet so broken and hurt. you could see it all. jennifer landon is amazing, one of the ebst soap actress' in the past decade, IMHO, but she phoned in all her scenes and you could tell she thought she was above what she was doing. that should not be rewarded.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Feb 21 2008, 10:16 PM)
DeeeDee, there already is no justice because Jess Walton isn't on the list.

ITA. Not to mention Adrienne Frantz got Jess's shot. WTF!? And as I said on page 2 of thsi thread: Younger Lead Actress pre-noms for Y&R are hilariously awful. FauxAustralianColleen & Wallpaper Heather - no Adrienne Leon, yeah right.

• Members

HT as lead actress?? I've never considered her a lead actress, more of a supporting actress. I don't think HT is a strong enough actress to carry a story on her own. She always need KKL, RM, or SF inserted in her stories to make her character remotely interesting. JMHO

• Members

Seriously you really need to stop using the word propping, you clearly have NO idea what it means. No one on this show is propping Kendall, the writer's hate the character, The 90% you're talking is used to prop Greenlee, hence her recent whitewashing :mellow:

KZ didn't say she wasn't a lead, but Kendall DOES NOT have a storyline of her own, till last year she has always been supporting.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AIRTIME, my gosh, how many times does that have to be said. If we're going by that then Rebecca Herbst should be in lead, yeesh

Actually yeah, there's times they have Kendall on and she's doing nothing but being window dressing, I know there's been many a times I have wondered why they had her on certain days, when she didn't need to be.

• Members

Okay, but you can’t be in EVERY BUT ONE EPISODE each single month and say AM didn’t drive any stories and was therefore merely supporting?

This distinction between supporting and lead is admittedly often “politics” but this is just ridiculous. If there were a guest actress category would AM gone there just to increase her chances? It’s simply ridiculous.

Not that this discussion will lead anywhere because she won’t make the cut IMO come Emmy-time but it is still a travesty.

• Members

I do think that reducing people to nothing other than scenes where they talk to Kendall or about Kendall and how amazing she is is propping. i do that ruining characters to sell Kendall as best mommy ever and saint of pine valley is propping. i do think that focusing an entire show around one person is propping. now maybe you don't, but i do. is greenlee propped? yes. but so is Kendall. they are just propped in two different ways.

why do you need a storyline of your own to be a lead actress? why cant you be the lead in a major storyline and be lead actress?

and no it doesn't have anything to do with air time, and yes Becky Herbst should be in lead. ITA with you there.

again, it has pretty much nothing to do with how much she was on, but in what capacity she was on. Kendall was the star of AMC all year long. she wasnt on every damn episode just sitting there with a line or two. she was the major driving force in major storylines all year long. she was more of a lead actress than maura west, susan flannery, alison sweeney, or any other actress all year long.

thank you! ita.

who and what did AM support? and who didnt support AM?

Archived