Official Pre-Nom List

SoapQueen89

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

hey, it does happen. its rare, but true! lol.

she did rock those scenes, but still. dee hall's scenes as john died? thats some good comp. We could have really good stuff this year if everyone picks right.

Becky Herbst was robbed last year. I wouldnt mind it if she won this year. She has a lot to pick from. Tho i do still feel she belongs in lead...

• Members

I like the nominations for AMC but I have to agree with everyone here about Alicia Minshew...she needs to be in the lead acting category. I mean, she carried the major stories of the past year on AMC (Satin Slayer, Crash, setting up Greenlee) so it is shocking to me that she would put herself in supporting. Bobbie Eakes deserves a nomination in light of Babe's "death" and when she told Adam about her affair with Tad....this should also lock in a nomination for David Canary. I am also hopeful that Thorsten Kaye gets a nomination and possibly a win. Again, he has a lot of tapes to submit so perhaps he will find the right two.

I am not sure what Lucci can submit for the pre nominations...the only thing I can really think of would be when she comforts Kendall in the hospital after the CRASH.

• Members

Even though Alicia appeared the most on AMC, the reality is that the majority of her time is spent as window dressing or helping to propel other storylines. The Crash story was most certainly the exception. But Sabine Singh appeared just as much in that story as AM did. So if that category is appropriate for SS, why not AM?

Martha Madison appeared in 143 episodes on DOOL and Deidre Hall appeared in only 88. Bree Williamson and Kathy Briar also appeared a great deal more than Erika Slezak. Rebecca Herbst had almost double the number of episodes to Nancy Lee Grahn at 201 to 113 respectively.

The reality of it is the Lead Actress category is reserved for those who have a long tenure within the daytime industry. That is where they are recognized whether or not their airtime or stories deem them being there (a la Lucci).

I also believe TPTB decided to submit Alicia into the Supporting Actress category for numerous reasons: 1. No way would they ever demote Lucci, the industry icon, to Supporting. 2. With the kudos Bobbie Eakes received with Babe's death and Jenny's kidnapping, they probably feel she has a shot at winning Lead Actress and wouldn't want her and Alicia to cancel each other out. 3. Unless AMC was going to include actresses who are eligible in the Younger Actress category, their only choices for supporting other than Alicia and Sabine would have been Alexa Havins, Eden Reigel, Sydney Penny, or Kelly Giddish.

So don't blame, Alicia. It was pretty slim pickings at AMC.

• Members

Preach the gospel to me! There are too many issues to sort out. An actor's airtime versus whether they're worthy of the award they submitted for. I can't tell you how many times I :rolleyes: because Katie was on screen yet AGAIN, day after day. ATWT watchers know how there's a universe built around her that Henry, Vienna, Brad and Margo aim to serve. So are they "supporting" a supporting character? I don't think so. The degrees to which people are assessed as lead or supporting need to be eyed with more nuance, even if actors wind up choosing tapes for the wrong categories as a strategy to win. Alicia Minshew is being treated like someone who can't compete against the old guard. Weird, since ABC obviously has no problem giving her the amount of work that they do.

And that's ass backwards.

• Members

Great post KZ, ITA!!! :)

Stenbeck name me just 1 storyline Terri carried last year???? Just because Terri's on alot doesn't mean she has to be in lead actress category. Ellen Dolan has been on alot, but Margo is STILL a supporting character.

I LOVE the double standard that's happening in this thread :rolleyes:

Rebecca Herbst was on alot the last year, by that standard then shouldn't she be in lead??? :mellow:

• Members

Jennifer Landon will get the nom and the win. There is no way she'd lose out Kirsten Storms. I have complete faith that if she didn't lose out to Berman,who was her biggest competition last year that she definelty won't lost out to Kirsten Storms. No way! Jennifer Landon IS the competition of that category and every actress that will be up against her knows it. Also I think KS blows and don't see all the hype.

Im thrilled for Jesse Soffer of course! I hope that he wins this year! :D

• Members

Ellen Dolan has NOT been on a lot. Don't let the last few months fool you. It's not simply about how often a character is featured, but how their time is spent while they're used. In all the episodes of Katie's back and forth with Jack, Carly and Brad, I never saw her as a supporting character. She couldn't annoy me as much as she does if she had a lesser presence. ATWT hasn't survived on the strength of Carly and Lily alone. Marie Wilson has flirted with lead status too. Whether she or Terri Columbino are strong leads is another matter. That's no double standard. It's objectivity.

• Members

My Predictions: The ones in red I have a feeling would win.

Here is my predictions for Lead Actress:

Maura West, ATWT

Martha Byrne, ATWT

Melody Thomas Scott,Y&R

Katherine Kelly Lang, B&B

Bobbie Eakes, AMC

Robin Strasser, OLTL

I wouldn't count out Michelle Stafford, Y&R

Lead Actor:

David Canary, AMC

Scott Byrce, ATWT

Peter Bergman, Y&R

Anthony Geary, GH

Robert S Wodds, OLTL

Eric Bradon, Y&R

I wouldnt count out Robert Newman, GL

Supporting Actress: (Anyone of these ladies has a chance of winning)

Kathy Brier, OLTL

Catherine Hickland, OLTL

Kelley Menighan Hensley, ATWT

Colleen Zenk Pinter, ATWT

Judith Chapman, Y&R

I wouldn't count out Carolyn Hennesy, GH

Best Supporting Actor:

Tuc Watkins, OLTL

Sebastian Roche, GH

Trent Dawson, ATWT

Austin Peck, ATWT

Kristoff St. John, Y&R

I wouldnt count out Ted Shackelford, Y&R or Joseph Mascolo, Days

Younger Actress:

Rachel Melvin, Days

Jennifer Landon, ATWT (Deserves it more)

Marnie Schulenburg, ATWT

Kirsten Storms, GH

Caitlin Van Zandt, GL

Leven Rambin,AMC

I wouldnt count out Kristen Alderson, OLTL

Younger Actor:

Van Hansis, ATWT

Jake Siberman, ATWT

Jesse Lee Sofer, ATWT

Tom Pelphrey, GL

Brandon Buddy, OLTL

I wouldnt count out Blake Berris, Days