AMC: Wednesday February 6th 2008

• Members

Anyways gotta love how Ryan doesn't give two shits about Emma, but was pretty much salivating about Spike.

I beg to differ Cheap, Ryan's NEVER loved any woman the way he loved Gillian, Kendall was rebound from that, Greenlee was to hurt Kendall, Annie I believe he does love. Gillian will ALWAYS be the love of his life

He falls in and out of love too easily to really be taken seriously anymore IMO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked Wednesday's episode. Gave Kendall and Ryan a chance to reconnect with the Annie's, Greenlee's, and Zach's out there. I loved the old flashbacks of the two. Used to be such a huge fan of those two (still am, I just think Lish and Cam have great chemistry AMC threw away for in favor of Ryan and Greenlee's propped wedding. I'm sure eventually Ryan will get his memory back and Annie and him living happily ever after.

Zach/Greenlee are GREAT together.

• Members

I disagree about Kendall. Ryan had his rebound with Liza, Mia, etc. By the time he met Kendall, he wasn't just falling into bed with every woman around. He even went to Gillian's grave to tell her her was in love again. While Gillian was his first true love, Kendall was his second.

ITA that Ryan has been falling in and out of love too much to be taken seriously since McT destroyed his character.

• Members

Well, how about...

Ryan: "When Gillian died, I felt like my heart had been taken with her. But today, my heart's back ... and it's here with you. And I feel Gillian is here, too, wishing us well, wanting for us what I want for us: a future, and everything it promises, good or bad."

...or something like that.

You get the profession of love for Annie, and the acknowledgement that Gillian will always be in the background of Ryan's life.

Call me crazy, but I think Annie (or any woman, for that matter) would be foolish to love any man who could forget a past love so easily. But, Annie, if the dunce cap fits....

• Members

I do think it's disgusting how he's treating Annie with this amnesia, you have memory loss, that doesn't mean you get to treat Annie & Emma like dog doody arsehole

I'm totally getting vibes of how Maureen Gorman treated Edmund and their kids with her memory loss....

Well I was gonna say you rock Khan for the previous post, but now :P

• Members

you make it sound as if Ryan hasnt acknowledged Greenlee since being with Annie when the fact is he has. They've talked about her and her name gets mentioned from time to time and thats all that is neceasry. Theres no need to constantly bring her up when he talks about his love for Annie as it serves no purpose to their relationship or story.

He doesnt love Annie. Its as simple as that. He has people telling him that he does and there are all types of expectations that go along with that but he doesnt feel it in his heart. I dont know how a person in his position is supposed to act but I cant fault him for the way he is and the way he feels. His heart is telling him that he loves Kendall and it was a major shock to find out that he lost 4 years and that he's not wit her. I feel for hte guy bc that must be such a horrible position to be placed in

As far as Emma, we dont know how he's treating her as we havent seen them together since he woke up

• Members

Him saying he "can't love Annie" he's NOT trying. Annie's trying, he's not.

Sure we haven't seen him with Emma, but so far we've seen him show more excitement about Spike than Emma.....

Not saying there's a constant need, but it's possible for him to acknowledge a past love without it being overkill.

He seemingly forgot Gillian even exists, I think he's mentioned her once or twice since she died...

Given that Ryan was supposedly back in love with Kendall barely a few months after Greenlee left town in 2005, this makes him look pathetic. He falls in and out of love at the drop of a hat.

I wonder how long before he's in love with his butterfly again....

LOL I'll give you some points, mostly since you rock(and we tend to agree for the most part :P ) ;)

• Members

I refuse to believe these people are capable of having Ryan mention Gillian as often as he should ... and that's all I have to say about that.

Thank you, ZF. Now if I can just resist the urge to cold-shower it after every time we agree..., lol. ;)

• Members

Here's my question, though: What was it about Annie that made him fall in love with her in the first place? Does Annie still have those qualities? And does Ryan still desire them on a basic level, amnesia or no amnesia; or have his needs been altered along with his memories? Is the point of this story to reexamine Ryan and Annie's relationship, or just to stir up trouble for him, Annie, Kendall, Zach, etc.?

Those are the questions I'm waiting for B&E to answer.

• Members
How is he supposed to try and love Annie? You cant fake or force those feelings. He's only had amnesia for what like a day or 2. He needs time to adjust and make sense of everything. That should be his main priority. Yeah it sucks for Annie but she has to love him enough to give him time and be incredibly patient here, which Im sure she will do.

Well he doesnt know the details behind Spike's birth. I think he might have saw a glimmer of hope there and thought Spike was conceived out of his and Kendall's love. He has a connection with Kendall which is probably why finding out about Spike didnt phase him as much as finding out about Emma. who's mother he doesnt even know

Gillian has been dead for 6-7 years. He has most definetly mentioned her MORE than once or twice.

It was their friendship. They grew closer when she moved in with him and he helped her ge herself on her 2 feet again. They had a basic attraction to each other that they both tried to fight at first but it wasnt long until they moved forward and started dating. Finding out the truth behind Emma further bound them together as was how Annie cared for Spike during the killer storyline. Their personalities go together and they just clickd and connected. Ryan of 2004 is in a completely different place than Ryan of 2007. I dont think he's in a place to desire any other woman besides Kendall right now, least of all a stranger. I think he will have to be given time to adjsut to the fact that things have changed and his memories are still very fresh in his head so its not going to happen over night. Im not exactly sure what B and E are going for here but Im intrigued.

Archived