B&B: Week of Feb 4-8 Discussion

• Members

Hey, Ryan! Glad you are checking out B&B. :)

I haven't seen Monday's episode yet, but I am looking forward to yesterday's and today's. Juliajms, I hear ya about N/B/R really sucking the life out of the show, though. I find myself praying for a glimpse of Katie here, an Ashley or Felicia sighting there, a little Thorne, a little Bridget... If any B&B staffers are reading this, please know that variety is the spice of life, people!

I was surprised to hear what yrbb said about ratings falling when Brroke went back to Nick after the Australia debacle. I know the Bridgefans are an organized, focused group. I hadn't realized just how much impact they had on actual ratings. I just assumed most offline B&B fans were more open to a Brooke & Nick pairing.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Preach it! Felicia is pitifully under used. I need a lot more of Katie and Bridget as well.

The thing that is killing me about the show right now is that Nick is acting totally innocent and like he is totally behind Taylor. Then behind her back he's telling Brooke that Jack is her son and her child and they are connect. Is Nick on crack or do the writers thing the audience is?

• Members

I read some interview with JW in one of the mags that he plays it so that Nick is shown to love Taylor but is in love with Brooke.

Either way it makes him look really bad. Like he's trifling with both women. Like Ridge used to back in the late 90s. Man, I really wanted both Brooke and Taylor to dump his waffling asss.

Like when Nick was bemoaning how it was all his fault that taylor was on the bottle... the IVF, which she did for him... carrying the baby for 9 months, etc. It was like he was counting down all the reasons why he should stay with Taylor. Like he has to keep reminding himself that.

HT's voice is getting really raw and croaky after all the dialogue and crying she's been doing. It really adds to her Woman on the Edge persona! I liked the way James steered the therapy towards her coming to her own conclusions about finding peace within herself and not relying on other people to provide it for her.

Yo, Bridget! Nice to see you Monday. It's been so long since we saw Ashley Jones that her hair has now grown to near-Rapunzel proportions.

• Members

I hate that Going Back again song. I just want to shake Brooke and Nick both. Remember when Ashley was trying to marry Ridge and everyone told her that Brooke and Ridge were a force of nature? That did happen didn't it? Because it seems to me now everyone is saying the same thing about Brooke and Nick, so which is it or is Brooke going to become polyandrous?

• Members

Why Brad, Why??! If only they would focus on more of the characters, instead of this endless back and forth with Brooke. For awhile the show was so good and now here we are (Going Back Again :angry: ) to the triangle from hell. I just don't know if I can keep watching. I've watched from the very first episode, but I'm ThisClose to being done.

• Members

The moment Nick found that guitar and began thumbing a few chords, I thought Uh Oh.

The montage was nice in that it reminded me what a sweet romance it was when it first started and Nick was Dominick Payne and had a beard and stuff. And how easy-going and chilled Brooke could be. But that was ruined long ago. I can't quite decide if it was back when Nick got involved with Bridget -- and dumped her TWICE for Brooke. Or back when they made Nick and Ridge brothers.

The thing is... they COULD salvage Bricky. If it wasn't about ruining other people's lives in the process. I mean, Taylor is obviously on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I thought James was right when he told Taylor that it wasn't Brooke unsettling her peace of mind -- it was Nick.

And Felicia is now Forrester nanny? For shame!

• Members

Do you really think so? I can't see Bricky or Bridge as viable. There has been too much back and forth. For awhile it seemed like Brooke really loved Nick and Ridge was just a consolation prize, but then she goes out of her way to destroy his relationship with Ashley because she can't be alone for 5 seconds. I used to root for Brooke back in the day when Ridge was married to Taylor, but now, I'm so sick of her. I wish the show would try to build up Felicia and Bridget and give them stories so the show wasn't so dependent on Bricky/Bridge.

• Members

Finally! Finally Taylor walked out of the marriage!

I'm glad she did it and it wasn't about Nick sitting down to to tell her about his feelings for Brooke. Although Nick telling taylor "I love Brooke... but i'm committed to you so I'll stay with you" was just plain insulting.

And I just wish TayTay wouldn't keep saying "I'm not good alone." I do like her chemistry with Rick, though. A lot. Even if it is uber-rushed.

BTW, this is prob just me but I really enjoyed Taylor's hallocinations of ImaginaryBrooke. KKL plays the bitch really well and that bitch needs to come out more.

• Members

Definitely not just you: I DIED watching this. It was just too good. My only complaint about Taylor's insecurities is that they had her drinking again this one (?) time. I felt this was insulting to the character. The insecurties (They weren't unfounded now - were they!?) played very nice with the halucinations in a great over-the-stop-story.

Must admit that Tylo has chemistry Lowder (I wonder if he will be there to comfort her off the set like Lorenzo Lamas...) although I really do not like Lowder and have major reservations about this story. I find it hard to swallow even for B&B standards. LOL!

All in all this show feels not like written by Kay Alden but Robert Guza with all those musical chairs and soulseekers for sweeps time. My main problem though is the lack of balance and my total dislike for another round of Ridge/Brooke/Nick. Yawn! IMO, Ridge should start a romance with either Ashley or CrazyAuntPam. The latter the better. Now this would be forbidden romance that would please me. Stephanie: "You're sleeping with her but not with me!?" :lol:

• Members

:blink: Woah! PamRidge? PRidge? I think this would hot new highs (lows?) of Forrester incestuosity even for B&B. Cuz that's his aunt. His blood aunt!

Although the fall-out would be unbelieveable, I grant you. CrazyMorgan was one thing, but CrazyAuntPam? Even Brooke and Stephanie would hesitate before tangling with her. And Tiny.

• Members

wow that marriage ended fast. Nick admits he loves Brooke and its done. This revelation came off flat since he hasnt been shown to have conflicting feelings. He's been all about Taylor, assuring her that and Brooke herself seemed to have moved on from him for good. But now the 2 are back in love and the endless triangle will begin

Hell no to Rick and Taylor! He was with her daugher. I know BB loves its shock value couples adn this will be the next one. Im sure they want to see teh explosions once its revealed to Brooke. Phoebe, Stephanie, Eric and Ridge's reactions should also be good. Speaking of Phoebe, teh girl hasnt been seen this last year if Im correct. This would have been more poignant had she been around the past few weeks around her mother, but now she will shwo up out of the blue and get all upset. Poor writing right there

And waht happened with Pam? One minute I was loving her and the next she's gone

Archived