B&B: Week of Feb 4-8 Discussion

• Members

Lol ok. So I'm running an experiment where I watch BB for a month (kinda like how I did with Passions) so I can decide whether or not to get invested in the show. Though I'm familar with the characters, there are some stories I may not be too up on. I hope those who watch B&B will be able to fill me in.

I watched yesterday's show and I enjoyed it (not like I didn't expect I wouldn't). Now that Brooke is back with Ridge (but still in love with Nick), what has Ashley been up to? Is she even still on the show?

And WTF happened to Rick? I haven't heard anything about him in a while.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rick is still around, Ryan. He and Phoebe are no longer together. For a second, it looked like the writers were going to put Rick and Ashley back together, but he's been recently a shoulder for Taylor to cry on. And you know what happens on B&B. Comforting usually leads to a relationship. ;)

• Members

No, not at all. Taylor never raised Rick. I could see where you're coming from had this been Bridget. Bridget was once believed to be Ridge's daughter, so I'm sure Taylor thought of her as a daughter. Rick was never Ridge's child, just Eric's. So Taylor never really had a mother/son relationship with him. Now it would be that situation if they ever go with Brooke sleeping with Thomas. Brooke did raise Thomas.

• Members

To be fair though, I vividly remember Taylor giving Rick swimming lessons when he was a little boy. She even told Brooke to chill out because she could be like a "second mother." I believe it ended with Brooke throwing a vase at her head and Stephanie splitting up a catfight.

• Members

Ryan I have to say, you picked the wrong time to get itno B&B bc its a bit boring now. It was on fire all last fall but sizzled out in January

Taylor never viewed Bridget as a daughter. The short time that Ridge was beleived to be the father, he was with Brooke. Taylor has been a mentor to Bridget over the years and up until a few years ago, was her sister in law.

• Members

No and on a show that has Eric with Donna (gag me), I don't want to hear a thing about Rick being too young for Taylor. :lol: I think Rick and Taylor will make a good short term couple, which works perfect since that's all B&B seems to know how to do anyway.

• Members

Yes, me too. There is something about the way Rick is with her that I really like.

B&B is a lot different from other soaps as you are about to find out. They play musical lovers like no other. Brooke in particular bounces back and forth between Nick and Ridge continually. I have no idea which one I'm supposed to believe is her true love. which ever one she isn't with at the moment, I suppose. It's kind of exhausting. :lol:

• Members

But it's not like he's with Taylor yet. All they've done so far is talk. Rick and Phoebe feel like a life time ago to me. Thank God!

I hated them together.

Anyway, nothing is worse to me then the way they have Brooke ping ponging back and forth. It needs to end. KKL deserves better. IMO, The character still hasn't recovered from when she broke off her engagement to Ridge only to jump off the plane from Australia and ran over to Nick's to seduce him away from Taylor. Which ever writer came up with that scene needs to be...talked to sternly by the soap writing police. :angry:

• Members

THAT must have been the worst EVER! It was horrid, badly written, extremely stupid.... I mean, this is one of those instances that ratings really had to do with quality and B&B lost like half a million viewers just at the threat of Nick and Brooke getting back together.... Imagine that!

Right now, Nick is starting to get a LITTLE redeemed in my eyes.... He and Taylor have been married for almost a year (gulp! A B&B marriage of ONE WHOLE YEAR!???) and Nick has, for the most part, stuck with Taylor--hey, a few years back he'd have abandoned her when she gave birth, took the baby and run off with Brooke. Nick is still a major ASS but it seems someone (;)) is trying to make him a little better of a man.

• Members

I think someone over at B&B started to realize that Nick, Brooke and Ridge were really starting to suffer at the hands of the triangle that won't die. ITA with you about Nick. I keep expecting him to throw Taylor over for Brooke. He's been a little disloyal at times, but nowhere as bad as I expected. Now if only one of Brooke's marriages could last six months maybe I'd be able to take these characters seriously again.

Archived