January 14-18, 2008

Toups

• Members

1) Maybe if AMC promoted more than just the return of the "REAL" Greenlee, maybe their ratings for the week would have been a lot better.

2) GH has been quite good as of late (some clunkers, but overall a lot better). I'm glad they went up

3) DAYS can begin kissing current ratings rises goodbye.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't agree more! As I've said before, ABC blew their chance by not advertising Angie & Jesse's return during the final episodes of Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, their two highest-rated soap-like shows. They treated this couple as an afterthought to Rebecca Budig's return and it's biting them on the ass. :D

• Members

Ryan, I agree with about them advertising more than Real Greenlee the Ratings they might have gotten higher Ratings. I was stunned that they put a "Supercouple/and stellar acting of Darnell William/Debbie Morgan in the background during promos when promoting the "Real Greenlee". I was not waiting for Real Greenlee or any Greenlee to come back, but I was waiting for Darnell/Debbie to reappear, but not like this, which made me tune out.

• Members

January 25, 2008

Fringe Ratings Report: ABC Daytime Programming

Week of January 14-18, 2008

ABC’s Daytime Lineup Ranks No. 1 for the Week in Women 18-49,

Delivering its Best Performance in 17 Weeks

ABC Delivers 3 of the Week’s Top 5-Ranking Daytime Programs

With Target Women 18-49

“The View” Garners its Best Ratings in 16 Weeks in Women 18-34 and

Women 18-49, Placing Among the Top 5 Daytime Programs in Both Demos

With the Returns of The Original Greenlee, Rebecca Budig and

Fan Favorite Angie, Debbi Morgan, “All My Children” Turns

in its Best Delivery in 17 Weeks with Key Women 18-49

“One Life to Live” and “General Hospital” Post Their Best Performances

in 13 Weeks and 7 Weeks, Respectively, Among Women 18-49

ABC Daytime

ABC’s Daytime lineup ranked #1 for the week in Women 18-49 (1.5 rating – tie), delivering its best performance in 17 weeks (987,000).

ABC owned 3 of the week’s Top 5-ranking programs in Daytime in Women 18-49: “General Hospital” (#2 - 1.6 rating), “The View” (#3T - 1.5 rating) and “One Life to Live” (#3T - 1.5rating).

“The View” posted its best performance in 16 weeks among Women 18-34 (378,000) and Women 18-49 (1,003,000), ranking among the Top 5 daytime programs in both demos (#2T W18-34; #3T W18-49).

Aided by the return of The Original Greenlee played by Rebecca Budig, and fan favorite Angie, played by Debbi Morgan, “All My Children” garnered its best ratings in 17 weeks among target Women 18-49 (912,000).

Among Women 18-49, “One Life to Live” (961,000) delivered its best performance in 13 weeks, while “General Hospital” (1,073,000) saw its best delivery in 7 weeks.

Following are the Daytime Lineup ratings averages, plus Top 5 Programs Ranks – Week of Jan. 14-18, 2008:

Daytime Rank: Total Viewers Women 18-49 (Rtg/000s)

No. 1 CBS† 4.11 million No. 1 NBC 1.5/1.02 million

No. 2 ABC† 3.08 million No. 2 ABC† 1.5/987,000

No. 3 NBC† 2.96 million No. 3 CBS† 1.4/896,000

Top 5 Daytime Programs in Women 18-49 (rank based on rating)

Program Net Rtg/000s

The Young & the Restless CBS 1.8/1.21 million

General Hospital ABC 1.6/1.07 million

Days of Our Lives NBC 1.5/1.02 million

The View ABC 1.5/1.00 million

One Life to Live ABC 1.5/961,000

Source: NTI, Live + Same Day, 1/14-1/18/08;

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/progcal/progcal.aspx

• Members

I was hoping ATWT would go up. It was pretty good last week. Hopefully, they will go up next week. It looks like ATWT will remain #4 in Total Viewers. AMC did go up .1 but RB return only mustered a 2.2? :lol: I see now that ABC has good demos they have a press release. :rolleyes: I find it funny how they include the View. :lol:

• Members

Angie appeared for two seconds on Friday and they have been promoting Angie and Jesse all this week (even in primetime) so hopefully the ratings for next week will be better. Not surprising the REAL Greenlee didn't help much. The promos were completely misleading and her return was so "blah."

But it is a positive for AMC if they can continue to rise.

Archived