December 31, 2007 - January 4, 2008

Toups

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice to see ATWT back at #3 in HH's and back up to a 2.4. It is good seeing a 2.6 for Wednesday. But doesnt the average for ATWT equal a 2.5? :D

I was right about GH dropping. No soap so far has gone up three straight weeks in a row.

Congrats to Days for going up. I saw it that week and it was good. They are the biggest gainer...up +.2. Now they have gone up two straight weeks. Will they be able to go up again next week. That would be three weeks in a row. It hasnt been done yet.

Well OLTL's isnt going up. I am not surprised. I think OLTL is getting too much positive feedback. I dont see it as that great. The Marcy storyline was the only one I liked but it has gotten way out of hand. Monday's show for that week I thought was Gawd awful. It only got a 2.0. Not a surprise.

As for GL...what a mess of a show it is. No one is doing a thing to save this golden show. It deserves the ratings it is getting.

Nice to see B&B hold steady at 2.9.

Y&R is better. But not enough to make me watch full time again.

Hopefully we will see higher ratings in the weeks to come. MLK week is always a big week for soaps.

• Members

Days has been improving, but the main thing that interests me is that the credits on Days still showed the script writers - so I gather these episodes were written before the strike (?) And from what I've read GH is out of scripts but still has outlines they can follow - or not follow (?)

So even though Days is on an upswing (for now) I'm not sure how fair it is to even compare the two shows at this point?

Modified to change script writers to past tense - had no idea Days ran out of scripts as of today. That totally sucks because the show was on a serious roll, but I guess most of the soaps are close to being in the same position...

• Members

I haven't been watching DAYS, but I'm happy Ed Scott was able to turn it around. He'll officially be a miracle worker if he can fend off cancellationl. I actually think it's possible if ratings keep rising or stay steady!

Happy for ATWT as well, although the show is garbage.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jan 10 2008, 05:27 PM)
I haven't been watching DAYS, but I'm happy Ed Scott was able to turn it around. He'll officially be a miracle worker if he can fend off cancellationl. I actually think it's possible if ratings keep rising or stay steady!

The show has a real Y&R feeling to it. The direction is really good. Y&R was dumb to let go of all those great directors. We can blame LML for that one. :rolleyes:

• Members

MAjor kudos to Edward Scott!! B) Congratulations Days of our Lives!!!!

I don't watch As the World Turns but congrats to them too!!

NOT a good start (2008) for General Hospital, One Life to Live and All My Children. :o Now all 3 ABC soaps are in the BOTTOM 4.

Archived