December 31, 2007 - January 4, 2008

Toups

• Members

3.gif3.gifWAY TO GO DAYS!!!!3.gif3.gif

I'm not surprised about Guiding Light at all, but I'm really hoping that DAYS makes it to the #3 spot next week! :) Congrats to ATWT too!

I'm glad all this DAYS/GH drama is over with, because frankly, I understand Jen's reason for her disgust with GH right now. I feel the same way about Guiding Light and I've probably watched the show since 1987 I believe. I've personally watched the show go through its trials and tribulations, but I would have to say that for the past two years, I have seen this show turn from sugar to dog poo. A show that I don't even recognize anymore and a show that I've lost my luster for. So, IMO GL deserves to be in last place.

So, Jen. I feel ya! :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

4. DAYS 3,102,000 (+152,000/-255,000)

5. GH 3,045,000 (+8,000/-324,000)

So nice to see...and i'm happy that Days reclaimed their 18-34 demo...Hopefully John, Marlena, and Stefano can keep improving the ratings...Then the Corday/Hogan and Ed can see how much of an influence these characters really have on the ratings, and why they shouldn't be on the backburner for most of the year (2007)...

• Members

Wow, I really need to start recording Days again. Sounds like the show is really geting back on track! And I am happy that B&B is still doing well! The show is still strong but I am ready for some new storylines and I would like to see some of the other characters be shown more.

And as far as AMC... :lol: Karma baby!!! You treat people the way Carruthers and Frons has and it comes back to haunt you!! As much as I dislike Rebecca Budig, I kind of feel sorry for her. There is no way she can live up to the hype and pressure the show is putting on her. I will be surprised if she does anything for the ratings. I can't figure out why they aren't hyping Jessie and Angie instead.

• Members

I do find it interesting that AMC is putting so much exposure on Rebecca Budig's return..They are treating her like she's one of the biggest actresses in AMC's history...She was entertaining as Greenlee and made a great couple with Leo and Ryan..But i don't see her return bringing back millions of viewers..The stories have to be there as well..

• Members

Well DAYS is certainly using their veterans actors ALOT more in the last 1 1/2 months. Deidre Hall has been on almost every day for a good two weeks and PR and KA are being used alot more too.

All of the stories are coming to major heads - Belle confessing to Shawn about the affiar - John is alive, Mar/Hope/Bo on the search for him - Girls getting close to confessing about Ford's death.

I also like how DAYS is tying the Shawn/Belle/Claire/Chloe/Philip storyline into the John storyline.

In addition, everything is just better on DAYS. The directing, the writing, the dialouge, production values, everything seems to be firing on all cylinders.

With John's return last week, hopefully that will result in an even bigger increase this week in the ratings.

• Members

I like Rebecca Budig, but her return is so overhyped. What did or Rylee ever do for AMC's ratings? The moment the baby switch story ended, Rylee went front and center (along with the Di story), and the ratings just tanked. I'm much more looking forward to Debbi and Darnell returning, but I'm worried that the writing won't do them justice. B&E are atrocious writers. Oh, to have Lorraine Broderick or Wisner Washam back helming the show at this transitional point would be ideal.

• Members

I totally agree.

I have a feeling the ratings for her intial return this week will be the same. And then people will hear she is back. Then they will tune in. They will see the show still stinks and leave again. Rebecca only signed for one year. They are putting all their eggs...LOL...on her. She will probably bolt before the year is out again.

If the ratings go really up. I mean AMC ranking #3 or #4 in the ratings I will be shocked.

I agree. Way too much overhyping of RB returning.

And I am so glad and happy about ATWT 18-49 demos. :D

Archived