Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Members

I woke up a little after 3 a.m. and watched more of Morning Joe than I've ever seen and they were on here from 3-8 a.m. Joe was worked up over the biased media and he called out some Peter guy from NBC for saying that America chose between hope and fear (I'm guessing the guy meant the campaign messages even though I didn't see or hear him). So when Tom Brokaw came on the show later and repeated what Peter whoever said as a good thing.....well you know Joe didn't jump all over Tom Brokaw which amused me since he looked like a you know...... But Tucker Carlson and he were on the same page since Tucker came on later and complained about the media coverage and the LA Times headline and other headlines that he said suggested that America wasn't a good country until now. He said it implied that people who didn't vote for Obama were against history and the country wasn't good until now. Eugene Robinson tried to explain but I think it was futile since he was determined to see the negative in something that wasn't meant to be. Even Barnicle gave it a shot by telling him how four years ago (something I didn't know), after Obama gave his speech at the the Democratic National Convention, he went to get a plane home and was detained because of his name and race.....and look where he is now.

I was glad I caught Brian Williams though because he was actually funny.

Oh and Joe nearly lost his mind at the idea of Rahm Emmanuel being Obama's Chief of Staff. He said it was like trying to kick the Republicans because of some triple DC thing I didn't get and his belief that Rahm E is the Democrats' version of Tom DeLay which I don't buy.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honesty, I have seen the McCain supporters using that more then anyone. They believed if you didn't vote McCain you weren't putting country first which to me comes across as you are unpatriotic. The McCain Campaign, in particular Sarah Palin, ran around saying - we will see which states are more American.

• Members

Uhmmm Ralph who?

My real question, does anyone think that Joe Lieberman should be stripped of being committee chair (Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee)? I think the issue is not that he campaigned for McCain but whatever he said at the Republican Convention (I'm guessing it was anti-Obama).

Rahm Emmanuel was named Obama's Chief of Staff so Joe Scarborough will be giving Obama the evil eye tomorrow and saying he's not for making friends but I think Joe is way over the top.

Speaking of Joe.....good riddance to the not plumber, Cindy McCain and Sarah Palin (though she's sure to be a topic for a bit longer).

You're all uhm....Joe the plumber.....stand up and uhm....say Yes We Can!!! :lol:

• Members

This long arduous campaign is finally over. :lol: I can't describe to you the joy that filled my heart at 8pm PST, when CNN,NBC, ABC et al, called the West Coast for Obama and put him over 270. :lol: Yes, I cried. It's been a long time coming and I can finally shout Martin Luther King's phrase "Free at last, free at last, Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" It took Americans from all walks of life to elect Obama president and I am very proud.

It is now time to move forward and give our president-elect our full support. John McCain was eloquent in his concession speech and made me wonder again where that McCain had gone. President-elect Obama laid out the course in his acceptance speech. Change will come but we have a long hard road ahead of us. We must be willing to do the hard work (reminds me of JFK's acceptance speech. I was only 11, but I remember it well)

Many blessings to all you fellow posters. I wish you peace and prosperity in the coming 4 years or at least a chance to move forward.

My only disappointment is our Prop 8. Discrimination is what it is no what how you try to dress it up.

GGL, I'm proud of Florida turning blue. :D

Archived