GL: Week of Dec 11th

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What have y'all thought of the rest of the week? It's been pretty quiet in here since Wednesday :huh:

Is there nothing worth commenting on?!?!?

And Jack, I like Olivia with Bill as well. I think that they would make a much more interesting couple since Bill has a little edge to him. Although I hope that EW/DK don't keep doing this to his character. At times he comes off like a little spoiled brat. And surprisingly, I like him and Lizzie together. DC and MR have great chemistry, IMO. I just try to forget about the fact that he used to boff her mother. <_<

• Members

Their constant whining about "No one, not even Marina, could possibly understand all the hell we've been through" crap is just that: CRAP! As you said, in the last year alone, Marina's been kidnapped twice. Once by a murderer. She's been shot by her own father and caught a bad infection after being kidnapped by Cyrus while recovering from the gunshot wound. If you want to go back furthur than just this past year, Marina was once kidnapped(along with all the other children of Springfield) by Holly, she was kidnapped and held hostage by serial killer Ben Reade, and kidnapped by Carrie Carruthers and locked up in the Hall of Mirrors with Marah and Michelle and told that one of them had to die.

Harley and Cyrus's little pity parties are intolerable. I want to jump through the screen, grab 'em both by the lapels and shake some sense into them: "You didn't die or even come all that close you morons, get the **** over it already!" If Harley truly cared about getting past this, she'd seek professional help. She's just using this situation to get close to Cyrus, who she knows is confused and unsettled by what happened too.

• Members

I haven't seen Friday yet but Harley's self-pity and all-consuming need for male attention and help is nauseating. I can't remember, back when I watched more regularly, Beth Ehlers ever playing her as this aging, desperate man-hungry soccer mom. The character is a mess. And so is Gus, and so is their relationship, so the question is WTF to do?

I think Olivia needs a fresh start. No Gus or Bill. I do like Bill and Lizzie a lot. I think Buzz stuck with Lillian is grotesque, and I guess he and Doris could have potential, but I don't like the angle of Doris being the "woman who learns her place". I like the Buzz-for-mayor/Main Street drama more than I should. Maybe it's out of character for Buzz to run for Mayor, but his reason for being the little guy who just wants to preserve his street and then gets wrapped up in local politics makes sense to me, and I like all the business jockeying over the construction bid and what will happen to Main Street and all the Springfield landmarks. It's just a pity they've made it look so [!@#$%^&*] ugly because of the budget. And hey, what happened to Fifth Street? Wasn't his diner on Fifth Street? When did it change to Main Street?

Ava must die. And I had no idea that after everything, Jeffrey was still DA! I thought he was a disgraced lawyer! He can't still be DA, that's ridiculous.

• Members

The Meals on Wheels diner used to be on Fifth Street. Buzz now owns Company (which used to be the Reardon's ages ago..). But that was never located on "Main Street" either.

What in the hell was Mel talking to Beth about autism for today? It hit me---that might be the explanation for Will's weird reactions. Although, from the 7/8 year olds I know, the "your uncle's leaving, can I have a cookie" discussion isn't that "off". :D

I hate that Phillip's some never-seen boogeyman out there terrorizing Springfield.

Am I the only one who thinks it's strange Buzz objects to another strip mall? Isn't CO2 located in a mall?

Archived