GL: Week of Dec 11th

• Members

After having a bit of a breakdown last summer, Lizzie pulled herself together and told Alan she wanted to start working at Spaulding. He refused saying she lacked discipline and commitment. Lizzie ended up at some dive bar, bought it, and soon realized that Billy was drinking again but agreed to keep it a secret. He hired her to work for him at Lewis. They become friends and she's been helping him cover up his drinking until recently when it became obvious to everyone. Billy fired Bill after Lizzie discovered that Bill was responsible for some bad things that happened with projects in Venezuela, so Bill blames her for getting fired and is angry at Billy for his lack of loyalty. He also resents the father/child-like relationship that Billy and Lizzie have developed.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, man. I was hoping it hadn't gone that far, because then I might've been able to swallow my issues with it and enjoy a one-time Mallet/Marina hook-up. But no, that's just too gross.

I like the dude playing Mallet, though he occasionally comes off like a psychopath when he's too intense. He's certainly a much better actor than Mark Derwin, though I thought Derwin did well with what he was given at GL for the most part (and I despised him at OLTL).

I also like the Bill, Lizzie, Billy stuff. It works for me. Very few stories on the show do. I like Ricky Paull Goldin, always have, but I am at a loss as to see where he or Harley can go at this point, together or separate, especially if she too [!@#$%^&*] her niece's man. That just makes her look old and hot to trot. I love Beth Ehlers, but she and RPG have had all the vitality sucked out of them. Gus started losing it for me beginning with Conboy when they made him into yet another unnecessary Spaulding.

• Members

Edmund was railing against Cassie as being selfish and no good for Will. Will became upset over that.

I think it was more along the lines of Edmund being freaked out at Jeffrey double-crossing him. His dialogue indicated that he believed Cassie was in on it, and that he felt betrayed by the woman he was still infatuated with. Everything derogatory he said to Will about her seemed to be coming out of the idea that he thought Cassie was involved in sending him back to stand trial.

• Members

IA with all of this. I absolutely love CC and RPG, but together they just don't seem to mesh very well, IMO. Olivia is a very strong character and Gus/RPG just comes across for me as too.....hmm... effeminate (for lack of a better word). I can see a bit of chemistry with them, mostly due to the strength of CC's acting, but I still don't see this pairing as end-game. DK really seems to want to paint Natalia as Gus' "true love".

I really like the EJ Bonilla as Rafe. He's incredibly sexy (but I have a thing for Puerto Ricans to begin with) and is a pretty good actor. I just don't like how he cornered Olivia outside of Company. Olivia should have shoved him into to garbage can!

Ava has.to.go. Like yesterday. I can't understand why this character is still on the show. I have never seen ANY message board on ANY site that had one positive thing to say about Ava. They need to go ahead and un-do the "long lost child" story with Olivia/Jeffrey - easy enough to do - and send her back to whence she came.

Today is ITL day. I'm not sure which story will be told, but hopefully it's not one of my favorites because these episodes suck the life out of every story they come in contact with, IMO.

• Members

Today's ITL features Bill/Lizzie/Billy/Vanessa/Buzz, It should be a good one. I'll be watching.

The past two days have been at least watchable except for the Josh/Cassie scenes, I hate those two!

Harley needs to check in to 'The Renewal Clinic' for the help she needs. Like others I think she is just using this drama, panic crap to steal Cyrus from Marina.

I really want Marina with Cyrus mainly for selfish reasons. I don't want her in Mallet's orbit, she is way too young and it was never more evident then when they were together this week. She is like a teenager and Mallet belongs with Dinah if she ever gets her head on straight, I'm pretty fed up with her right now.

I like Olivia and Gus together but just as friends of course if Natalia thinks there is more going on....Good! I want her and Rafe to hit the road out of town.

The Billy/Lizzie/ Bill SL, to me, is the best thing going right now.

I think I would like Cyrus more if he would shave and take a bath. I don't understand what the attraction is to these 'nasty boys'. Oh well, to each his own.

• Members

The thing I'm not buying with the whole Cyrus/Harley "no one gets coming close to death but us" relationship is that it simply does not ring true. Marina has been kidnapped twice recently - one by Cyrus (and she actually got shot) and the other at the hands of Griggs/Alex in which her life was in real danger. How could Marina NOT understand what Cyrus and Harley are going through?!?! It doesn't make sense but EW/DK are trying to sell this lame stinking pile of an excuse to push them together.

• Members

Really liked today's eppy. I was a little lost, and then nearly hurled at Bill bedding Ava. But the intervention more than enough to make up for that soap cliche. And I'll admit, anything that keeps Danny shirtless can't be all bad.

• Members

^ ^ ^ I was thinking the same thing, PJ. On Tuesday, when Ava showed up at Towers, Bill greeted her like she was his long-lost bestest friend. I didn't get it either.

I've been thinking back to if they had any meaningful interactions before Bill left in 2005, but I don't recall anything. I haven't watched yesterday's ITL yet, but will definitely catch it later on.

I wish that Dinah was on more often, though. GT deserves more screen time.

• Members

Bill and Ava know each other pretty well. When she first came to town and was working at Jonathan's bar, he got Olivia to give her a job. She is the one that called Bill when Billy started drinking that first time after so many years sober and then told him it was Olivia that switched the drinks. Then Olivia was outraged and fired her. Bill was grateful to her and that is when he left Olivia and went to Venezuela.

Archived