All: What's the name's of all the Soap's Looneybins?

• Members

Okay i know that the name of All My Kids looneybin is Oakhaven , do all the soap towns have their own looneybins is so what's their name?

Also are any of your fave soaps insane peeps still locked up somewhere.

Janet

Zach's father

The Looney Lwayer who stalked Tad.

Are all in Oakhaven.

Brooke daughter Laura may be there too , not sure.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH has Ferncliff, Shadybrooke and Roselawn and Carly is the only character to have been a patient at all 3....lol

OLTL has St. Annes. What I never understood is why the hell were criminals sent there. Its a catholic institution and patients there are paid for by their familes, yet its where all the criminally insane are sent as well. Id be p-ssed if I spent so much money to put a loved one there only to have them be roommates with a crazy killer awaiting trial

• Members

On GH, there is Rose Lawn, Ferncliff, and Shady Brook. Ferncliff is suppose to be the worse of the three.Carly went there when she shot Tony. Shady Brook is a little nicer. Laura went their in 2002. Tracey was there earlier this year. Rose Lawn is more of a house than institution It is further away from PC. I think it is suppose to be located half way between PC and NYC. Carly went there in 2005 when the show fired JB and replaced her with LW.

• Members

Was Deerbrooke technically the Nut Hut? (I think that's where Jen was committed when she was on meth) I think Will and Babs were at the "State Hospital for the Criminally Insane". I'm not sure it really had a name. Julia I spent her time at the hospital's mental ward.

• Members

Okay, so Oakdale has a loony bin. I forgot about Will and Barbara being locked up there. Still, Oakdale must have more maladjusted individuals per capita than any other town (real or not) in creation.

GL. Phillip Spaulding went there when he first became afflicted w/ Weston's Syndrome, a rare disorder which attacks the nervous system and leaves the sufferer crazy for no damn reason, other than, it serves the story.

So, there's Rose Lawn for the sorta-crazy; Shadybrooke for the "regular" crazy; and Ferncliff for the don't-even-think-about-collecting-$200-just-take-yo'-ass-to-jail crazy. Got it.

• Members

Laura was in Oak Haven for a while, but she's not there anymore.

From SoapCentral:

In the end, however, Laura realized that she needed help and agreed to seek out professional counseling outside of Pine Valley.

I loved when Vanessa was locked in there during the whole Proteus fiasco. Remember those sketches she drew of all the characters, and then pasted them on her wall? :lol: HILARIOUS!

Archived