HOLY S***!! Popular Actress Is Returning To General Hospital!!

• Members

IF she plays Carly or someone else, Guza's in hog heaven and I'm sure those who are now getting 2 to 3 minutes per week on this show, will no more. SBr is going to become the new IT girl, count on it. She'll be on our screens day in and day out till we can't stand it. We've had several IT girls over the past 2 years, Kelly, Kari, Natty, Julie, Laura, and now, it'll be SBr.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Laura Wright and I love Sarah Brown. GL needs LW back, but only if she doesn't want to do "Carly" anymore. I like this "Carly" with Jax. However, I'm remembering when GH Night Shift ended, Ms. Barrett left with a new face. I hope to whoever that SB isn't coming back as the new face of Brenda Barrett! I love Sarah, but not as much as I love Vanessa Marcil. :D

• Members

I agree. I felt that Tamara's portrayal was much more softer, sweeter and more romantized in a way then SB portrayal and looking back on it I just don't buy her Carly doing such crazy antics (like faking her death and not telling Sonny, because she was jealous of Alexis/Sonny's relationship) but I did feel that she played up all the emotional que's of her character to a fever pitch. She was able to pull Carly into a respectable mother, sympathetic woman and brilliant business woman. She was able to become a Carly that seemed to have her life well put together more or less. TB is my Carly. She was on for 5 years and I just see her as my Carly.

They have more of a reason to feel upstaged by her now then before. Especially with MB way past his prime and SB's dismal 'I'm not really here' portrayal since his return. Having Sarah in scenes with them will blow the entire illusion that they are "acting" out of the window.

If she were to return as Carly they would be forced to take daily beatings as Sarah shows the viewers what real acting is and force feeds Burton and Bernard acting lessons. If she returns as Sarah or another character they probably will have less scenes with her and thus take less beatings. They can keep the illusion that they are acting better if they have Laura playing the mess of a loud mouth known as Carly then if Brown were in the role.

• Members

Sarah Brown would have to come back as Carly. Fans would revolt. Like Ryan said, its like when Anthony Geary came back as Bill Eckert, it was horrible and the fans revolted. Her return would not work as Sarah Webber or Emily. GH is not Days.

THink of this. NL is gone, thank the Lord above. LL is leaving. Whomever is the textbook killer will most likely be leaving, freeing up some money. If LW leaves, it frees up a lot more money. She is from NJ and has children. Pure speculation on my part, maybe she wants to ove back to NJ to be near her family. It's enought money to bring back Sarah.

Another scenario. Let's say that Laura Wright was cast as Brenda Barrett instead of Carly. And Vanessa Marcil decided to come back. And Laura was doing a good job. Who would you want back?

IMO, Sarah returning will help the genre because she is the most recognized Carly. If LW were to go back to GL as Cassie, I bet there ratings would go up. I see that people are sad that Laura might be out of a job at GH, but what if she has secured her old job back at GL? Is anyone caring what happens to Nicole Forester?

• Members

As exciting as Sarah Brown's return would be, there are a lot of great actors on GH (Nancy Lee Grahn, Tony Geary, Ric Hearst, Jane Elliott, etc.), and they still can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

If you recall, Sarah looked WAY uncomfortable for the last year or so of her run before Tamara Braun took over. Talk about devouring the scenery. She knew that the GH she started on had declined. She's an amazing actress, no doubt, but I have a feeling, six months from now, we are going to be very disappointed.

• Members

Cassie is the most hated character on Gl right now so LW's return would not help the show at all. Nicole Forester and LW can disappear into obscurity for all I care. The Cassie character was played out when LW left the show plus Ellen Wheeler is so in love with the most hated couple in daytime history (Josh/Cassie) :angry: it would not be in LW's best interest to try and get her old job back at GL.

• Members

GH better know what the hell they're doing. Bringing Sarah back as anything BUT Carly would be highly disrespectful to Sarah's fans and would encourage a fan backlash. Remember the outrage when Sarah left, and thousands of fans flooded Michael Eisner's (then head of Disney) office with hate mail for not doing his best to keep her on the show? I can imagine it being a million times more worse if she's playing a new character, especially since new characters aren't as well accepted on soaps these days.

Here's your chance GH, you can have 3 time Emmy WINNER Sarah Brown as Carly or keep multiple Emmy pre-nominee Laura Wright. LOL! You know who I want...

Also, I'm sorry, but Laura Wright DOES NOT have the type of fanbase Sarah Brown has...

• Members

OK, I'm also hearing rumors that Sarah Brown may be brought on as Ric's spiteful ex-lover from his past. Could this be true? Would GH dare give Rick Hearst a story of his own? How soon before his ex-lover sleeps with Sonny and everything about it becomes a Sonny story?

However Rick Hearst and Sarah Brown together = HOTNESS and a spark of GENIUS. IT would be endless orgasms for me. :lol:

• Members

That doesn't mean that all SB fans will come back. If the writing is still the same, SB ratings will rise at first but once her Carly or whoever is playing has settled into the crappy writing, they will go back down. Just like they did with Genie Francis. And if she is only back temporarily, I don't see her return making ratings going up at all.

RiH doesn't rate high enough at GH to get Sarah.

• Members

I don't want Sarah playing Brenda, don't really want her to play a recast, especially one like Brenda given how popular Vanessa is....

Sarah's Carly will always be my fav. I loved LW's Carly at first, but now I'm just "meh" on her. Tams Carly was just an extension of Sonny and IMO not Carly....and JB was just miscast.....

Archived