HOLY S***!! Popular Actress Is Returning To General Hospital!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 30 2007, 11:05 PM)
But remember Frons said Carly is the centerpiece of the show! Killing off Bobbie would give her endless stuff to do, not to mention Luke. I'm surprised she's lasted as long as she has. Pretty soon they'll be bringing vets back with the sole purpose of killing them.

Yeah, but they killed Carly's father off at that was a big nothing. Bobbie's death should be important to Carly, but I doubt it would be under this regime. I'm so sad that Charlotte's (Reese) arrival was wasted now. That could have been so good if it had been about Carly and SB was in the role.

• Members

Now that I really think about it, I don't think she'll be returning as Carly (as much as I want her too!).

In all her interviews since leaving GH, she said that she felt she had taken Carly as far as she could and that was it. She fought long and hard to keep the character's integrity intact, but when they wanted Carly to sell Sonny out to the feds, she quit. She said that was something Carly would NEVER do and she refused to play it out, so she left. If anything we'll probably see her as a brand new character. :(

• Members

That's a huge shocker.

If she is a new character I think that's a ridiculously stupid mistake on their part. She is so identified with Carly and it's not like she's been gone for ten or fifteen years to play someone else. It hasn't been long enough and she is the Carly.

OTOH I can't buy that she would be back as Carly either. MB and SB would be furious about it.

• Members

That's how I heard it, yes.

I think they just felt upstaged. They've been much happier with the recasts. I think they would try and stop her returning as Carly. I know Guza loves her, but he also seemed to have drank the Kool-Aid and embraced the "convenient for everyone" Laura Wright recast. I didn't think LW was a bad recast but I think Sarah returning in any role but Carly is idiotic.

• Members

thanx for the link to the recap.

i actually am looking forward to SB comming back. as longas its NOT as carly.

tho i must say, whoever said her name as Y&R's Victoria - YES PLEASE!!

this should be intersting tho. i wonder if it would be long term or short term? i really would like to see her as Sarah Webber. Her and Becky have good chem, IMHO. i could see the hate they played being turned into sisterly chem as well. and we do need more webbers. im still pissed they just tossed stephen webber aside, he would be great right now with them using the hospital more and more. i kinda hope actually that they throw SB in as a nurse or dr. maybe THAT will get the hospital on more.

as far as new char's... i wouldnt be suprsied if they brought her on as John's daughter, making her Carly's half sister. just for shock value.

• Members

I don't see how Mo and Steve are going to feel any less upstaged if she comes on as another character. She's still going to have as much acting talent as she ever did (Ha! I said that without taking the obvious digs at them. It is the Christmas season). I chose to see this as a sign that their power is fading as the ratings slide, but I'm just an optimist like that. :lol:

Archived