HOLY S***!! Popular Actress Is Returning To General Hospital!!

• Members

I don't necessarily want Cassie dead, but I wouldn't mind a recast. Cassie could suffer some horrendous trauma, disappear for awhile, and then resurface down the road, played by a different actress, working again as a strip-- er, exotic dancer, with no memory of her tumultuous years in Springfield.

As for Sarah Brown, I don't believe TPTB would convince her to return just to play a new character. Not even pea-brained Brian Frons would believe that could be successful with the audience.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^I agree, Sarah is BY FAR the most recognizable Carly and that's by far her signature acting role. Her playing something else ON THE SAME SHOW would result in nothing but failure.

However, I did hear that Frons wanted Sarah back in 2005, to play Reese Marshall. Had she accepted, she would've been directly in Carly's orbit, just playing another character. I don't even know what TPTB were thinking on that one...

• Members

I just do not see her playing anyone other than Carly. It would be like bringing back Heather Tom to Y&R and having Amelia continue to play Victoria. I am not bashing either Laura or Amelia, it's just that Sarah and Heather are the most recognizable people playing those characters, combined that with the amount of Emmys and Emmy nominations the two have. To have Sarah play anyone other than Carly, IMO, just wouldn't be feasible.

• Members

1) I created the thread in discuss the soaps, so we could do just that...discuss.

2) I'm of the belief that casting news is not a spoiler. If it was, then we would post all casting news in the spoiler island area

3) There is no news as to who she would be playing. IMO, her return warrants discussion. It shouldn't be considered a spoiler.

So I hope that answers your question......

• Members

If I see her in scenes with Laura Wright, I'm just gonna HATE Carly more. I can't bear the thought of seeing REAL Carly sharing scenes with her lesser imposter equivalent. :lol:

It's well known that Guza ADORES Sarah Brown and if she's a new character, that character will probably be shoved down our throats. Well, the only way for that to happen on GH is if you're somehow connected to the mob crap, which is where I see Sarah's character fitting in. With Sam now more in the Elizabeth/Lucky/Nicholas universe, they need someone more connected to Jason/Sonny, enter Sarah's character. OR I could be totally wrong and TPTB could've secretly fired Laura Wright, and Sarah is back in HER ROLE as Carly, which I'd be thrilled about.

But whatever the case, Sarah is still forever embedded into GH's fanbase as the original and definitive Carly. It's going to take a lot for most people to accept her on GH as someone completely new.

Anyway, I'm just glad to see one of my favorite actresses working. Whatever she appears in, I will watch. I connected a lot with her outsider portrayl of Carly in the 90's. In a lot of ways, I saw myself in her portrayal, so she'll always have a special place in my psyche. You all must think I'm some rabid fan of her's, judging by my responses to this thread. :lol:

Archived