HOLY S***!! Popular Actress Is Returning To General Hospital!!

• Members

It would be great to have Sarah in scenes with Laura Wright, just so Sarah could upstage her and prove what a better actress she is. :)

If she's in as a new character, I want her to HATE Carly and be a much more of a morally bankrupt character than Carly is.

I've said it before, it's kinda funny how Laura Wright is at least 5 years OLDER than Sarah Brown, yet she's never had the ability to portray Carly with the emotional dept and layers Sarah brough to the character.

I mean, I love Rick Hearst, despite all the horrible things Ric does. I always felt that way when Sarah was portraying Carly. Now, I just HATE Carly and I HATE Laura Wright's portrayal.

Guza LOVES Sarah, so I'm prepared for this new character to be yet another airtime hog.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG! :o

I don't know how I feel about this. Of course, she is THE definitive Carly but, you know what? Tamara Braun ALSO became the definitive Carly for me.

Plus, if this is to reunite CarSon? NO. NEVER AGAIN. Seeing Mo and Sarah chew the scenery like chipmunks on an oak tree? Nuh uh. CarSon ate GH. The mess the show is in right now is directly due to the uber-pairing of these two. They have been propped again and again and again... made the centrepiece of the show... to the detriment of the Qs, the Scorpios, the Cassadines, the Spencers, the Webbers... everybody.

In a weird way, I would feel a bit sorry for LW at being dumped by ABC so nastily. I am NO fan of her Carly, but she is a competent working actress who moved her entire life over to the West Coast in order to play the role.

And if Sarah is playing somebody else? I SO cannot see this happening. Remember Wayne Northrup on Days as Alex? That flopped BIGTIME. Sarah as that boring, wimpy good girl? Just so wrong. Plus in scenes with LW shreiking at her in that entitled, Dina Lohan-lookalike way? My skin is crawling just thinking about it.

ETA: Sorry for being such a downer. I'm trying not to be... but I honestly have zero faith in Guza, JFP and Frons. Somehow, every potentially enthralling story Guza begins turns into total character destruction and agenda-based propping.

• Members

I agree that I love Sarah Brown & Laura Wright. I feel sorry for Laura, if GH is firing her for Sarah to return as Carly since IMHO Laura's is about as good as Sarah in the role. I agree maybe Laura could go to OLTL. As Tina? Or Kelly?

That would be so utterly stupid IMHO. It would be utterly dumb on GH's part to have Sarah Brown back and NOT have her play Carly Benson Corinthos Jacks!

• Members

I just thought of something wild. What if Sarah Brown is taking over the role of Emily! There have been some rumors out there that Em may not be dead especially with Guza comments recently in SOD. She'd be great as Em IMHO and still would work with Rebecca Herbst & Steve Burton, with whom she had great chemisty with.

• Members

Well I have not liked Carly since Sarah potrayl. I never thought Maurice would have that sexual passionate chemistry with another actress when Vanessa left until he was paired with Sarah. I really loved her Carly after she left I could not stand any of the replacements TB version the worst she was like nails graining against a chalk board. LW is not Carly she is trying to hard to take it back to Sarah' version but she is missing that insecurity vaunarble side that Sarah did. I mean Carly did some stuff but I always knew where she was coming from versus with the others I wanted to throw something threw my screen.

I am happy now if they would just get Vanessa back that would rock.

• Members

Yes, NEVER AGAIN! As much as I am a Sarah fan (and if you checked my siggy, you would know), I would stop watching for good. I cannot stand the thought of CarSon 103944894454, especially with my fave actress.

I like LW, but yea, I pretty much dislike all of Carly (and GH's) storylines, and only like her in select scenes with Jason. I don't watch anything else anymore, it's crap, Carly is crap, Jason... well there are no words for how much crap he is. But, I blame it all on the writing, and Liar Webber, can't forget her (unfortunately).

But she won 3 Emmys (And back when winning Emmys actually meant you were a good actress/actor) how can this not be good?

For those of you who say she hasn't done much since she left, you've obviously recently missed out. What with another movie that came out in Nov., her appearance on K-Ville on Monday (which hopefully will lead to more when the writers come back, *crosses fingers*), and her other stint on The Closer in Oct.

I've got most of her primetime appearances since she left, and they may not have been recurring, but she's continued to kick ass.

• Members

I LOVE Laura Wright...but family relocation aside, GH needs a huge shakeup like this.

I'd be willing to accept Sarah Brown in ANY role she was in on GH. But if she were to take over Carly, I would NOT be sad.

And LW is a terrific actress with a huge fanbase. She will find work on another soap.

• Members

I'm so freakin torn! Lol, this has been driving me crazy all day.

IMO, Sarah Brown is Carly. She always has been, and she always will. I found it very hard to accept Tamara (once I realized she wasn't Sarah Brown....long story there, at first I couldn't tell the difference between the two). But she eventually won me over and became my favorite Carly.

When Tamara left (and I still think GH shouldn't have allowed her to leave), I was extremely sad. She became my Carly. I never really liked Jennifer Bransford, though I tried hard to. I think she just wasn't right for the role (and it didn't help she aired right after Tamara). I was proud of Tamara for basically telling GH to kiss her ass after they came crawling back to her to get her to return as Carly.

Then there's Laura. She is probably my second favorite Carly. I loved her in the beginning. She was the perfect combination of all 3 Carly's. Then somewhere down the line, they turned Carly into raging she-beast. Spreading her loudness around PC to the other characters (mainly Lulu). But even with me really disliking Carly, I still love Laura. She just "looks" like Carly to me now. I'd feel really bad if she left because they brought Sarah back. But I'd also be happy.

I don't think bringing Sarah back in another role could work (look how well it sucked when Geary tried it). I think they could always bring her back as a new character, see it fail, and then a few months later bring her back as Carly.

:(

• Members

Would the people at GH be crazy enough to bring Sarah back as....

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

Brenda Barrett?

They've talked about recasting that role for the LONGEST time...and it's a crazy thought, but hey, if you're an out-of-work actor and you need money....whatchu gonna do huh?

Would be the perfect way to stick it to both a returning Sarah and Vanessa...Sarah for leaving and (politely) badmouthing GH to the press and not giving the role she originated back to her and at the same time, giving her the difficult task of being a recast. Vanessa for leaving GH(her exit one of many factors the show has never been able to recover from).

It's a crazy thought I know, but TPTB love to do crap like this to us.

Thoughts?

• Members

The funny thing is, any soap would take Sarah if they had the money. Think about it....

She tried out for the role of Victoria, but they chose Amelia instead (I think that had more to do with the money they'd pay her).

Then she was offered the role nuMarty on OLTL, and the deal almost went through, but they wanted her for longer than she was willing to stay, so they chose Christina Chambers instead. IMO, that was better, because Sarah would have had a fit playing nuMarty under Dena Higley. I mean look how that turned out.

So...........now she's returning to GH. The big question is, as who?

:D

• Members

Well, I've never actually seen Sarah as Carly, but I have seen her as Julia on ATWT. I think i'm going to go watch some clips of her as Carly on YouTube to see how she was. But anyway I think it's great that she's coming back - even if she isn't playing Carly. Whoever her character turns out to be, I think her character should have (or develop) some kind of rivalry with Carly. Sure it would hurt to see the original Carly in a scene with a recast, but hey it could be fun.

• Members

The genre as a whole would be lucky to have Sarah Brown back. And to be honest, I would be brokenhearted if LW was shown the door, but thrilled to have Sarah back as Carly. Honestly, if she's not playing Carly, it's not worth it. It would be one thing if she was supposed to look like Carly, not if she's a new character, and no one notices she looked like Carly #1 lol

Archived