HOLY S***!! Popular Actress Is Returning To General Hospital!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm torn. I love Sarah Brown, she is a great. great, actress; loved her as Carly, and would love to see her on any show. But I've grown to really like LW as Carly, and I would feel very bad for her if they dropped her for Sarah. Laura loves Carly, and I know she would be a lifer. I'm stunned if this is true; although, I think I would love it. I'm just torn!!! Something tells me she will play someone else, which will be a disaster.

• Members

I think Sarah's interpretation of Carly was the truest to who Carly really was, that's why I loved her Carly the most. She played Carly as a social outcast, a person who had deep emotional issues and never quite knew what direction her life was going to take next.

I liked Tamara Braun and I really do think she grew into the role. However, she played a more polished form of Carly and didn't play up Carly's insecurities as well as Sarah did.

Laura Wright plays Carly as the total opposite of Sarah Brown. She plays Carly as the spoiled rich bitch who's the most popular girl in high school, a difference from Sarah's outcast portrayal.

I also think it helped that Sarah's physical appearance was more rough and exotic than Tamara and Laura, it added to her realness. Sarah also added so many layers to her portrayal, she would break my heart one minute and make me laugh the next, and I wanted to strangle her after that.

OK, I sound like a rabid fan... :lol:

• Members

Laura Wright was brilliant as Cassie on GL, but she is abysmal as Carly! It's so odd because she truly was my favorite actress on GL. I would welcome Sarah Brown back as Carly, but if not, I'll pass. I could understand if Carly was killed off and they created a twin/look-a-like, but her role is there!

I wonder why she didn't contact any other soaps? Her role on ATWT was fantastic and without the short-term restraints, could've been huge. I also recall hearing she was in the running for Victoria on Y&R. No clue who she is back on GH! Hopefully they don't screw it up, but knowing them...they will.

• Members

From SOD:

Hot on the heels of Kristina Wagner's (Felicia) reemergence, word has it that one more fan fave is headed to PC in 2008. "Nothing has been etched in stone, but it would be pretty popular with fans should it work out," says an inside source.

So...maybe?

I could understand Frons, not happy w/ GH's dwindling ratings, coaxing SB back (and telling JFP to like it or lump it, lol) and releasing LW from the show after the end of the next cycle of her contract.

It just seems strange, though, that SB would come back after her on-screen mother's "demotion."

• Members

Maybe her return with coincide with Bobbie being killed off? That's not a spoiler, but I'm 100% Bobbie's ass is grass. They have to kill off major characters and they have to save Monica for February or May sweeps next year. It would be too soon to kill another Quartermaine. If Frons want to help the ratings he needs a new vision writing the show. Sarah Brown or even Genie Francis won't keep the ratings up forever. If the show sucks (and it does), viewers will stop watching (as they have).

• Members

IF she is comming back as Carly, and i doubt it, i will be upset. I love LW in the role. I dont want oldCarly back. I like the current state she is. And i DO NOT WANT car/son. SB was so overrated as Carly, IMHO. TB was much better.

Huh, her as Sarah Webber? humm... ya know, i could see it. esp if they have her keep dark hair.

• Members

But remember Frons said Carly is the centerpiece of the show! Killing off Bobbie would give her endless stuff to do, not to mention Luke. I'm surprised she's lasted as long as she has. Pretty soon they'll be bringing vets back with the sole purpose of killing them.

Archived