DAYS: Thursday

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^

I understand your hesitance to get into it. I'm telling you, soaps are like a damn drug that's hard to kick. If it can continue to be written well on a consistent basis (as it has been IMO), then I think more fans like you, who have been alienated by the inconsistent writing, will return.

• Members

Co-sign with Ryan! It is like a drug, Keith. And like a drug, I thought I had kicked that habit after Melaswen. I thought "No way in HELL am I getting back into a show which I have pretty much watched since 1987 but which now makes refried sh!t look like beluga caviar."

That is, until I tuned back in for John's death and was reconverted. And, believe me, I fought tooth and nail to avoid watching this show. I swore I would never tune back in again. Seriously, the quality of the writing and acting jumps off the screen. This is what GH wishes it was -- relevant, soapy, dramatic, a bit campy. And, finally, a death that means something, that actually hurts (even though I used to poke fun at Drake's Amazing Acting Eyebrow all the time -- thatafact!) and which has truly transformed the canvas.

BTW, Keith, so pleased to be posting with you again. :)

• Members

Well, thanks for hearing me out and not jumping down my throat for having contrary opinions. :) Not saying you do, just that some posters can get very protective of their faves and if you like somebody different, they just do not want to know and will not accept an explanation why.

I cannot help liking EJ either (even though I understand those who feel he has dominated too much airtime in recent months. Balance and an ensemble cast is always key, no?).

• Members

Eeek. Well, when you put it like that... :huh:

Am staying spoiler-free so I can enjoy the show. But, believe me, if they trot out SuperJohn from beyond the grave in a JER-type SL, then I will prob destroy my DVR in disgust. Plus, as you say, who knows what wacky jinks the scab writers may dream up.

• Members

Honestly, I'd be extremely upset if John were never really dead. I accepted it wholeheartedly for the SSK storyline just because it was so preposterous it HAD to be fake ... but not this. I'm just so over people dying and coming back, period. If you kill a character that important KEEP THEM DEAD. If they are brought back to life, it's like why even bother in the first place?

Archived