November 19-23, 2007

Toups

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Primetime ratings are done in 2 ways. The fast ratings (aka fast national) and the final ratings. Sometimes the fast ratings are higher than the actual rating. Also, primetime doesn't have a week's worth to calculate and break down. And demos for primetime don't come out overnight. You get more in-depth information for primetime towards the weekend.

• Members

This was a horrible week, except for GH and AMC. Every other soap lost viewers. Days had no competition on Friday, yet it only gets a 1.9 (though it isn't counted), hell a 2.0 would've been more reasonable. All soaps appear to be down for last year as well. Hopefully, next week is better since there was no major holiday this week.

• Members

Could be worse. This actually isn't bad, really.

Days getting a 1.9 on that Friday episode is actually good IMO. It means they actually held an audience. I mean, they are around a 2.0 right now so it shows most of the audience tuned in. I was expecting much less for that day and that is usually the case. I am glad they stayed the same. I worried about this week for Days and all the soaps. I think that rise at the end of last week actually helped Days in a way.

Here's hoping for increases next week. This isn't that bad though.

• Members

GH deserved it's 2.6 rating. Last week, they had 3 very, very good days, and it paid off for them. I hope someone at ABC realizes who the hell was on during those three days.....and know that we want more!

DAYS....it's gonna take more consistency before they move higher in the ratings. Better they hold onto the audience they have now and slowly build. I can see now that DAYS, GL and AMC will be fighting for the #6 & #7 spot for a while.

• Members

I agree, Ryan.

I do think if this continues in December and January, Days will see some good gains with the holidays and all. They usually do well during that period.

I did catch GH last week and it was deserving of a gain. I don't know if it deserves a 2.6 rating but it deserved a gain so it is what it is. I just don't like the story and I hated the stunt this month.

I think AMC benefited big time from Celine Dion and I hope B&B is rewarded in the ratings next week because the Stephanie story deserves it.

• Members

ATWT's ratings suck! But I guess I shouldnt be surprised after a big last week. I sure miss those 2.5 and 2.4's.

I couldnt believe AMC went up. It totally sucks. And IMO should be the #7 soap ahead of GL. But I forgot Celine Dion was on. That must be the reason for the rise in ratings.

Of course Days messed it up by putting a good episode on a Friday. But eh...they will never learn.

Ugh at OLTL ahead of ATWT. I dont think OLTL is that great! JMO of course. :lol:

And Gl totally sucks. So it deserves to be dead last.

• Members

I can't say I'm disappointed with the ratings Y&R is getting. Please let these sweeps numbers be the final nail in LML's hideous, plot driven coffin!

B&B is not getting the numbers it deserves. It is on fire! I think it really demonstrates that when Y&R suffers all CBS soaps suffer.

The ABC soaps...meh...for sweeps the numbers are not impressive at all.

DAYS is going to take a lot of time, consistency and promotion to gain viewers. I hope it gets that time.

Archived