Days- Alison Sweeney, James Scott, Bryan Dattillo, Rachel Benson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With the writers strike, I'm almost afraid to want that for any of the cast - but aside from that, cutting back their time to even 3 days a week would be work for me (and I love my EJami). The only condition would be that the time taken from them would go to characters we don't see near enough of. I'd love to have some Tony and Anna scenes! Days is still seriously lacking balance even though it is better than what it was a few months ago.

• Members

All of the young cast (including Sami and EJ and Lucas) need to be backburned. I say this not only because I don't like watching them but because I think it would be an interesting experiment to see what would happen to ratings if only over 40 vets were showcased. Ratings are already in the toilet, why not give it a try?

• Members

Chelsea, Nick, Max, and Stephanie are not on everyday and have been given several breaks. Hell, they have only been on twice this month so far. They weren't even that big on October. Blake went a month between September and October without appearing so I sometimes wonder if people are watching everyday or just going by spoilers and are assuming they are on everyday. The young cast's airtime has dropped considerably. The week of October 29 was the only week in the past two months they were on everyday and alot of story was tied up that week.

Lucas/Sami/EJ doesn't bother me when there is movement and direction but when the story goes around in circles for awhile, I get annoyed. Having said that, they could use a break or some reduction in airtime for sure.

• Members

You are absolutely right. They haven't been as much as they were over the summer, and the funny thing is is that I actually really enjoy their storylines right now. I think the problem for me is that we were so overloaded with them for so long and then all of a sudden we had that break with John's hit and run and Shelle/Phelle that I actually enjoyed having it focused on other things. I guess my fear right now is that we will go backwards instead of forward, and they will be on everyday and we will loose the balance we have been getting lately. And I think giving the audience a break from characters for a few weeks isn't such a bad idea, when we had the island storyline I didn't want to see Phillip, Belle, or Shawn for a little while and now I feel like their storyline has been rejuvenated and I for one am kind of excited.

That being said I also don't want to see Marlena, Bo, Hope, Phelle or Shelle on 5 days a week for the next 6 months either.

• Members

Actually I agree with you on the lucas/sami/EJ stuff - they were making me nuts with the getting a divorce / not getting a divorce crap, but TH and Fri were good, and as long as they get things moving I'm more than happy. Actually I'm looking forward to seeing Sami take a stand (staying with EJ) esp considering how freaky the Brady "intervention" was. I really hope we get the real Sami back and having her live at the mansion is something I've wanted for years ;)

Archived