Days- Alison Sweeney, James Scott, Bryan Dattillo, Rachel Benson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, DaysFanatic777, well said! IMO, AS has nothing on DH in the looks department or the talent department.

StephanieLover, your favourite and "OMGBESTEVER!" actors change with every post, it's hard to keep track. Good acting isen't screaming or yelling, or being all over the screen, taking your clothes off and having the focus on you. Good acting makes you feel. Do you know why people applauded Deidre Hall's scenes on October 19? The scenes with MM as Belle? She didn't scream, it wasen't that. She wasen't taking her clothes off, wasen't that. She wasen't plotting to make someone's lives miserable. She was barely raising her voice above a whisper through the entire scene. And that's why. She bared Marlena's soul, she took the risk to be completely raw and because she's that much a capable actress, she made that work. The best actors aren't the one who can scream the loudest, it's the ones that can be silent, basically not speak but say everything. She made the viewers feel every emotion she was giving them by being what I call 'naked'. There was no barrier between Marlena's heart and the audience. That's good acting.

That's why I rarely like the villians. Too many actors fall into the trap of making them as despicable as possible, make them mean mean and meaner. But then you have those that manage to make their villians layered. Joe Mascolo, Matthew Ashford, Rick Hearst, Anthony Geary, LeAnn Hunley... All those characters are villians, but they're not just that.

Just get Sami off my screen period and I'll be happy. Either get her off my screen or have her on twice a week at most, in a tolerable storyline where she's not the focus. She's been the focus of her storylines for 14 years, give the poor actress a break. She doesn't have what it takes to carry this show.

I'd settle for a few days of just Marlena (and John pref), Bo, Hope and a newly returned Jack and Jennifer night of just hanging out. No one else around. Heck, make Patch clean up a bit, dress Kayla in a nice outfit that suits her and I'll even take a night of J&M/Marlena, B&H and them hanging out.

This show has an audience that's starving for some veterans, some character that they love and know, and it's getting more and more like the Sahara without water every day.

• Members

I think AS is great, but Days has a good ensemble of women that need to be focused on.

IMO I've always felt Dee was overrated. Soapnet keeps playing this clip of Marlena saying "Some wounds don't heal" and I just shudder everytime they play it cause her acting is SO bad in it, it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Now just because I think Dee is overrated doesn't mean I don't think with the right storyline she won't shine.

But I do agree, I'm sick of seeing Sami, Lucas, EJ everyday and I love Sami. I want to see more Bo & Hope, Steve and Kayla and so on.....

• Members

no, i wasn't thinking when i made that comment. What i ment is rape storys can be entertaining if handled well. I think the campus rapist right now is being handled great and it is a good story.

Rape in real life should NEVER AND I WILL REPEAT NEVER SHOULD HAPPEN. In soaps, i should happen but not all the time. If handled well, it can be great and bring out the actress true potential.

• Members

I believe what you are trying to say is that rape stories can be informative and educational if handled well. Rape is not a subject that should be "entertaining".

If the writers are going to write such a controversial story such as rape, then it can a good story if done correctly. There have been many horribly written rape stories, that if handled more seriously and written better, could have been informative and maybe helped those who have gone through the same thing.

• Members

Thank you Ryan,

That what i ment, if the soap writer handle the rape storyline well and do it correctly, it can be very informative and educational for the younger viewers.

but handling something well isn't what Sheffer has without help. Again i think the campus rapist is being handled great but i think mostly because Ed Scott is making Sheffer handle it right. Ed Scott likes a serious show, am i not right.

• Members

I agree with you completely. Jennifer's rape at the hands of Lawrence Alamain was well written and acted. Missy Reeves proved herself to be a good actress during this ordeal, and her reaction to Jack when she called him a rapist was superbly done.

I agree with Stephanielover on one fact, this rape storyline is the first watchable storyline the teen scene has been in on this ahow in years. Atleast it doesn't make me shudder like the Paul Mendez crapfest with Belle, Shawn, Phillip, and Mimi.

However, rape is such a hard and powerful subject to touch, I think it would have more gravity is someone we were all more invested in were raped. I think it would also be better if we had a counselor (Marlena, Laura Horton...) help with girls who are trying to rebuild their lives. Give it the respect it desreves. Don't treat it as a plot point. Women who have suffered through this nightmare that watch this show will be disgusted if it isn't portrayed more seriously from here on out.

• Members

it seems like now you almost have to pick a side and stik with it or else on this board re days. and i cant stand it.

guess what... i love ejami. but i still love lumi and have for 10 years. i also loved austin and sami. and tony and sami.

i also lvoe the current younger set - and i also love the vets like marlena, bo, and kayla. - furthermore i love maggie horton more than anyone on days.

i also love ali sweeney and sami brady. and the fact that shes now on everyday does not really bother me, but i do see how it does some. i happen to think Ali has carried days since 1999 and deserves all she is getting now. But that doesnt mean i dont wanna see marlena and maggie as well.

days has no balance. it doesnt have crappy balance. it has none. its always been an issue on the show, IMO.

but yeah... whatever. thats how i feel so what you would like with it.

Archived