October 1-5, 2007

Toups

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am actually happy that One Life hasn't gone up. I don't really care to see Todd & Blair remarried again. Nor do I care to watch Layla giving Thalia advice on Antonio. Sarah & Cristian are so boring. The only good thing about the show right now is Todd, TJ, & Marcie storyline. IMO. I should say that I am also enjoying Lindsey & Langston. They need to bring back Evangeline and spice things up in Llanview.

• Members

I don't get it either. Makes me wish that Jan-April didn't happen. Maybe fans would be tuning in more.

It's sad to see that Jean's writing has brought ATWT to fourth place. What kind of sh!t is that? Now it seems as if Chris Goutman will never lose faith in her, NEVER.

AMC is blah. B&E are acting as if their holding down the fort until McTavish returns. Nothing has changed really.

• Members

ATWT UP! 8,000 viewers away from #3.

I have to say it one more time, when you deal with the gay subject with respect and in a smart decent way people are going to react in a positive way. ATWT is by far the only soap dealing right now with a gay love story (story that has not turned into a circus or freak show) and the most exciting and best written love triangle on daytime, Maura West has been terrific these past couple of weeks, she probably will be nominated for an emmy again, she is stealing the show! (Carly,Jack,Katie).

• Members

ABC Daytime is sinking fast. Sure, they might rebound next week but with continued failing ratings, 2.2-5's will be the norm. Both OLTL and DAYS deserve the ratings they got. Both shows have shown some improvement from the crapfests they were however they are so far in the gutter that improvements in certain areas does nothing when viewers have simply ran out of patience for consistent good storytelling.

• Members

Wow! thanks for pointing that out...like 3 weeks ago ATWT started to beat OLTL a few days here and there and look now, they reached

#4, maybe next month if the trend continues maybe ATWT becomes #3 overall. Now that Drew Carry is going to be hosting the Price is Right,CBS is going to bring a new younger audience to the CBS daytime lineup.

• Members

I personally am not championing the demise of any soap, however they shouldn't be rewarded either for crappy story-telling just because the genre may soon become extinct. When soap executives start respecting their audience with intelligent writing fans will follow. The process may be slow but franky they have no one else to blame but themselves.

• Members

Well I'm not worried about General Hospital. Its just one week and GH has been consistently good for a while now and the ratings have reflected that generally from week to week. So to me those ratings were a small dip....

As for ATWT this is like the first week in months that its actually ranked in the Top 4....and credit goes to the storylines that are going on right now but I doubt it will last long. As soon as Nuke is over and CarJack is reunited and in "love" for the millionth the show will go back to being business as usual. Plus all the people (not true soap fans) who just tuned in for Nuke will have left....

Don't know what to say about Days...

Anyways I'm now very interested to see how the soaps did this week.

• Members

GH has been on the decline since Feb. They'll have a week where the ratings are bumped a bit, and then the next week they'll be back down. I don't think there's been a consistent rise or even a steady number for GH in almost a year. The show is not in a good place. They can't hold their ratings for more then one week intervals. IMO, while AMC is being desimated fast and hard, GH is slowly eating itself alive.

• Members

Consistently good? Have you been watching the same show everyone else is? Because the majority of people that I have seen, on and offline, have been complaining about it.

It hasn't been "good" in months, since before Feb. (although, Feb. was very good).

• Members

Yeah I have been and its funny cuz me and most of the people I talk with soaps about find GH to be the best soap out there right now....

And the ratings for GH have been steady all year from what I've seen....I think the average is a 2.5. This week is just a fluke to me....

When GH reaches 2.3 for 4 weeks in a row then I"ll get worried.

• Members

Well grab a hold of something because the day is coming!

I'll be surprised if even during sweeps if GH climbs above 2.6. That is being very generous, and if you think that is a good number for sweeps :D

After watching Brenda/Brenda/Brenda 96 on SoapNet and watching how Guza had the cast intermingled with each other. I laugh at the sponsors giving ABCD money to air their commercials during GH right now.

It's sad :angry:

Archived